Chapter 21

The days went by fast after Jake's father pulled him out of Nathan's house. Nathan has been trying to talk to me more and I am beginning to talk to him again, but I am not about to have him and me in the same room without anybody else. Jessie and I continued business, as usual, once my mother and Easton came home, we had to be quiet and lock the door. We made our rules and have stuck to them, I won't be sleeping with anybody else unless I am in a relationship with them.

Even now, as the bed gives off a slight squeak, my mother doesn't suspect a thing between us. She had questioned me about the night she and Nathan walked in on us, but I reassured her that it was all an act. Jessie has become slightly more vocal when it comes to us having sex and the scratch marks on my back, prove that I am doing something right.

As of now, we woke up in the mood and figured we would squeeze some time in before grabbing a shower to go to the mall. Nathan and Amelia want to go shopping and Jessie agreed to us going without my consent. It's safe to say that I easily forgave her. I remember feeling this way when I was with Trevor, sexually starving, just trying to get my fill of it.

This is still new to me, being with a woman, but it makes me feel sort of giddy, like it's riské since we aren't dating and nobody else knows, not even Amelia. We have kept it as private as we can, but often enough we have almost gotten caught. If it's the middle of the night, we have to be extremely quiet, sometimes we have to go to the floor.

We finish and neither of us moves for a moment, catching our breaths as our sweaty bodies lie against each other. I groan and sit up, letting Jessie stay in bed as I sneak out of my room and into the the bathroom.  I get into the shower and the hot water feels great against my skin. 

This is the upside of Jessie's and my own Bene Friendship is that we can do it and have space and still be the same friends we have always been. I must admit that I do miss Nathans touch though, I have only ever been with a man and while this satisfies the need for sex and my curiosity, I still want that touch. If only he would admit to himself that he likes me for more than my body and not hide us from the world then things would be perfect.

I hear the bathroom door open and pop my head out to see Jessie. She closes the door and looks over at me with curiosity. "Why bother hiding yourself, I have seen and felt it all?" I had to laugh at her raunchy humor, same old Jessie. I close the curtain and continue to shower as she gets ready. I step out of the shower and she gets in as I head to the bedroom to get ready.

I get dressed and I am ready before Jessie is even done in the shower. I head downstairs to check on things before I leave and my mother is angerly typing on her phone and Easton is watching cartoons, oblivious. I stand there for a few moments before clearing my throat to get my mothers attention. She looks up at me and smiles but I can see she is hiding something.

"Whats going on?" I ask her and her smile falters. She puts her face in her hands and I move to the couch, sitting down beside her. I rub her back gently, making sure to not attract Eastons attention.

"It's nothing honey, just your aunt Lydia, she got ahold of my new number." I am surprised, Lydia is my fathers younger sister and blames the entire accident on my mother and I. She threatened us a lot when we lived in California and she worked for the police department so she got away with it. My mother changed our phone numbers and everything after we left, just to evade my psychotic aunt.

"Oh great, what is it she could want from you now?" I ask and sit back against the couch and groan, this woman will always be a pain to my mother and I. She was crazy even before my father took his life and Trevors but after that things got so much worse. She would post things on a social media and send things to our house that were very threatening. My mother went as far as to get a restraining order on her for all of us. It didn't take long for her to break the restraining order and put hands on my mother. Thats when my mother turned in the suicide note and we left California.