Memories

All rights reserved to Rick Riordan most of the characters are from his book

______________________________________________________

Third Person POV

After all the rebel attacks King Poseidon and Queen Sally sent their children to the only safe place Camp Half Blood.

Percy, Coraline, and Tyson went to this camp.

Percy was the oldest and heir to the throne of Greece, Coraline was a year younger, and Tyson was 3 years younger than Coraline.

Percy was 11. That year while they where at camp a rebel attack hit the palace killing the king.

Queen Sally held a selection for her new husband which was a Prince from England.

11 year old Percy POV

Mom and dad sent me and my siblings to a camp with other Royals called Camp Half Blood.

My cousin's Thalia, Jason, Nico, Bianca, and Hazel where all there too due to recent rebel attacks.

Uncle Hades was supposed to rule Greece but married the Italian Princess. My Uncle Zeus rules Olympus.

I see my best friend Annabeth. I've always had a really big crush on her. I think it started since we where 9.

My sister Coraline bugs me about it everyday.

At this camp we learn how to fight and survive rebel attacks. Generals also send their kids here explaining Clarisse.

She doesn't like me but is nice only because she likes Coraline.

I learned I'm really good with a sword. Coraline is good with a gun, knifes, and a sword. And Tyson is good at bow and arrows.

By the end of the summer we all got a necklace with a bead. Over the next six years my collection grew.

Percy POV *present day*

Today is the day everyone puts in their slips to join the selected.

I don't really want this to happen because the only one I want is Annabeth.

I groaned as I got out of bed and put on some fancy outfit and head to Breakfast.

When I got there I heard mom talking about proper dress code and didn't understand what she meant until I sat down across from my sister who was wearing workout clothes.

"How come Coraline is aloud to wear those clothes but not me" I whine.

"Because I don't have to pick the selected and going to go train with the guards" she says sticking her tung out me.

"Your just going to go to the armory to talk to Leo" I say.

Her face goes pink "Not true" she says quietly.

Leo is one of my best friends along with Frank, the Still brothers, Nico, Jason, Will and Chris.

He is also the prince of Thessaloniki.

After breakfast she left to go see Clarisse and train.

"Percy if you would like to join your sister go ahead but be back by 1 and bring your sister." mom says.

"Okay see you later Ty" I say rubbing my brother's head.

"Ok Perce" he says looking up from his book.

I run to my room to change into shorts and a t-shirt.

"What took you so long" Coral asks when I get there.

"Just had to get changed from my stuffy Prince suit" I tell her.

"Lets go training starts soon and I don't want to miss the laps" she says running to where the guards train.

I call her Coral of shelly because her name means coral from the sea.

By the end of training the newbies are sweeting while I'm just catching my breath.

We head over to the arena and grab our weapons. I grab riptide my sword and Coraline grabs her  gun and sword tidal.

We spare for an hour until its 12:45 and we head back.

"I have to make a quick stop" and she runs off probably to talk to Leo.

At least she will get someone she likes unlike me who will never marry my one true love.

I put on my Prince clothes as I think about how Annabeth will never love me back. I walk to the recording studio and run into Coraline who is in a white sun dress.

I hear yelling coming from all around me. I take a seat across from Apollo who interviews getting ready.

The count down starts and I take a deep breath. Lets just get this over with.

The Anthem plays and my parents start talking about important things like global warming. I look over and see Coraline smiling not daring to roll her eyes.

She sees I'm looking and smiles sweetly but clearly bored.

I send her a 'agreed' sign and turn back to face the camera.

After a few more minutes I replace my parents and bowls come out of the table.

Its time for the selection. I start picking names from bowls.

From Skopelos is Piper McLean

Damouchari is Drew Tanka

Delphi is Rachel Dare

Other ones are

Reyna

Kayla

Lou Ellen

Calypso Moonshade

Sparta is Clarisse La Rue which really surprised me

Nyssa

Selina

Mya Grays

Sarah Greenfield

Miranda Gardner

Nacy Bobfit

Meg McCarthy

and others.

Finally it was the last one which was Athens.

I reached in the bow and grabbed two pieces of paper.

I dropped on in the bowl and slowly unraveled the paper.

I took a look at it and couldn't believe my eyes.

"From Athens is Annabeth Chase."

I hear a gasp and see that my mom, dad and Tyson are smiling while Coraline has her hands over her mouth.

After the interview I'm shocked to say the least.

I haven't seen Annabeth in a whole year and she signed up for the selection.

Is it true she likes me back.

I continue to walk to my room when Coral comes up behind me.

"Percy and Annabeth sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love, then comes the selection, then comes them getting married"

She squeals sometimes my 17 year old sister can act like such a child.

I continue to walk down the hall followed by Coraline saying how great its going to be to see her again.

I think the worse part about having a sister is that she is across the hall.

I will want her opinions on the selected. Since they will act more natural around her then me.

This is going to be a long few months.