Festival of Giving

The week flew by quickly.

On Wednesday Queen Sally came and made an announcement.

"Good Afternoon girls, as you all know in two days the Festival of Giving will begin which will be held at the Palace this year." She said.

Almost all the girls had excited faces since being at the Palace for the Festival was usually a one in a life time opportunity.

"And as you all know on Sunday night there will be a ball held."

This made all the girls even more excited since the last ball was for All Hollows Eve.

"Now it is customary that the girls partaking in the selection are to make or run a booth for the citizens on one day." Sally said looking around the room.

"You will be aloud to work in pairs or in groups of three" all the girls started talking at once until the Queen silenced them with her hand.

"I'm not finished. This becomes a game so the team or person to get the most amount of people to partake in there booth will be given an immunity pass from the next elimination. So have fun and start now."

With that she walked out of the room.

I immediately went over to Piper. "So what should we do." Piper asked.

"Maybe we could do a apple bobbing contest. Like the person who can bob the most apples will get a prize." I said writing down my idea.

"That's great Annabeth or we could...." we continued to come up with many more ideas until it was time for dinner.

After dinner Piper came to my room and we discussed what we should do.

"I talked to my maids and apparently there is a storage room full of carnival prizes that we could use." Piper said.

"So I was thinking we should go with the apple bobbing and balloon darts." I tell her circling the two topics on the paper.

"Great idea so in case one isn't a big hit we always have a saving grace."

We continue to plan and sketch out an idea of the booths until lights out.

I stay up late jotting down down ideas and designs for the booths.

Waking up the next morning was a pain especially since I was getting up at the crack of dawn after going to bed past midnight.

Groaning I throw on a pair of old jeans and a flannel shirt.

We had two choices, either come up with a design and have the staff do all the work or build and make it ourselves.

Pipes and I wanted to feel completely accomplished with our work so we are building it together.

Meeting in the hallway we quietly make our way down to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast.

"So first we need to head to the maids quarters so we can get all the cleaning supplies." I tell Piper.

After getting all the supplies we head to the stables to get two horse feeders to use for the apples.

Thankfully one of the stable hands helped us bring it over to the spot where we would be setting up.

We spend what feels like hours, and probably is, cleaning the feeders until they shine and looking like new.

By now the other girls have started to come set up or work on their booths.

While setting up the canopy tent Piper taps me on the shoulder.

"Look over there" she says suppressing a laugh.

I turn my head to see Rachel Dare trying and failing at setting up a canopy.

"Maybe we should go help her" I whisper back.

"Oh but that would ruin all the fun. I'm very much enjoying this form of entertainment."

"You are a cruel person Piper McLean" I tell her bumping her shoulder before getting our canopy on the last hole.

"And don't you forget it."

We continue to set up the perimeter before taking a lunch break.

"I really deserved this" Selina says coming towards us.

"I wanted to work by myself but felt bad for Rose so now I'm stuck with helping her."

"So what are you doing" I ask.

"We are doing an arts and crafts mask table which I'm doing all by myself."

"That sucks" Piper says munching on her salad.

"Well I gotta go back. See you girls tomorrow" Selina says before walking back to her booth.

"Poor thing, it's so unfair she is doing it all and Rose is just sitting there." Piper mumbles.

"Don't worry, I'm sure the Queen is watching everything" I said throwing my plate out and walking back to the booth.

"Your right."

We spent a few more hours working on everything.

Piper and I had a balloon fight and got some of the innocent bystanders wet.

"I'm gonna go tell the palace staff about the apple orders and see you at dinner." Piper says before running away.

I head back to the castle after one more inspection.

I stay in the women's room which was quieter then usual until dinner.

I barley saw the girls today which means they are probably getting everything ready for the ball.

I spent the night reading and trying not to stress about tomorrow.

The Queen (Percabeth Selection)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara