Carnival Day 1

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm clock.

Mumbling curses to myself, I got up and headed to the bathroom.

Jumping in the shower I quickly wash off before putting on a robe and drying my hair.

Once again the girls aren't here so I get myself ready.

I slip on a maroon dress and braided a section of my hair pining it and letting the rest of my hair fall into place.

I grab a pumpkin muffin from the buffet and head outside to my booth.

"Morning Annie" Piper says munching on a bagel.

"Morning Pipes." I tell her grabbing a lawn chair sitting down next to her.

We talk about stuff while watching the other girls come onto the garden.

"Good Morning Ladies" Queen Sally says.

An assortment of good mornings follow until she raises her hand.

"I came to inform you all that the festivities will begin at 10 am sharp meaning you have 30 minutes to double check you stands and make sure everything is ready. Good luck."

Piper and I fill the feeders with apples and water and then assort the prizes.

As I'm placing the last teddy bear on the table I hear the sounds of laughter and running fill the air.

Piper grabs the clicker and we start the day.

By the time the day is over all the apples and prizes are gone.

I wipe the sweat off my forehead and check to see how many people came to our booths.

"2,598" I tell Piper "what about you?"

"For the balloons we have a total of 3,476."

"That gives us a grand total of 6,074 people." I say happily.

"You think we won."

"I hope so, though Rachel did seem to get a lot of people for the face painting."

We head inside with our totals and head to the dinning room.

"Great job girls the festival was a huge hit. I hope you all enjoyed it." Queen Sally said collecting our papers.

"Tomorrow the winners will be announced but for now let's enjoy dinner."

I sat down next to Piper and engaged in the conversation but I couldn't help looking at the royals table.

They all seemed to be a lot quieter with Coraline gone.

After dinner I headed to my room to get ready for bed.

As I was bursting out my hair I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I shouted standing up.

"Lady Chase I have a message for you." The maid said.

"Do you know who it's from" I said taking it.

"I'm afraid I can't say." She squeaked before farting out of my room.

"Thank you." I called out to her before furrowing my brow and opening it with.

'Dear Wisegirl,' I was a semi sloppy writing which I knew by heart.

'You looked absolutely lovely today. I hope you can forgive me for my absent abundance of dates. Don't worry I'll make it up to you I promise. But for starters why don't you accompany me to the festival tomorrow? I heard it's a carnival and remember how much you love the spinning tea cups.' I pause to laugh remembering our last carnival where Percy spun it so fast he fell face first when we got off.

'If not I will understand, be deeply wounded, but understand. If you do agree to be my date then meet me at the entrance at 9 o'clock and don't be late.

With joy,

Persassy'

I roll my eyes at the signature but beam with delight.

He does still want me. But he is going to have to pay for not speaking to me. With a devious smile I grab a piece of parchment and write back.

'Dear Seaweed Brain,

First of all really with the name, your a prince I thought you would know better. But besides that I would love to attend the festival with you. This time why don't you not eat a whole bag of fried Oreos before spinning the teacup at an ungodly speed. I will see you there and we all know your the late one.

Sincerely,

Lady Annabeth Chase

Now that's how you sign a letter'

I slip it in the envelope, seal it, and lay it on my desk.

He will just have to wait till tomorrow.

I finish doing my hair and climb into bed excited for tomorrow's events.