Building the Baracade

After my little nightmare the girls proceeded me with caution.

They must of thought I was crazy or out of my mind but I didn't really care.

I was thankful to find that no one had let slip to the papers my hysterical fit.

As the weeks progressed and the weather got chillier I was starting to get more and more nervous.

Percy and I would meet in our special place but we never went on official dates.

By the 2nd week of November at least all the girls had gone on a date with both princes.

Even though I knew in my heart Percy loved me no one else did.

_________________

After finishing my daily lessons I make my way to the Women's Room.

The room was practically deserted.

I sat down on a love seat with a book when I felt eyes on me.

Looking up I caught Mya and Rose glimpsing at me and then whispering to each other.

I saw them put down the magazine and nonchalantly slide it across the table dividing us.

Raising an eyebrow at them I snatched up the magazine and started flipping through it until I saw something that made my heart stop.

There it was. Percy and Rachel secretly having a picnic in the library.

And it wasn't just any spot. It was my little corner.

Before you get all mad saying how I don't own it just know that the corner was the place my mother would sit with me as a child and read.

It was also the place where Percy told me he would never leave me.

Anger and sadness started fighting to take control of my emotions.

I tossed the magazine onto the coffee table and quickly left the room.

Trying to fight back tears I make my way to the only place I felt safe.

Wiping the wetness from my eyes I run to the library to try and console my self.

I start thinking of all the things they might have done there and become disgusted.

'Great now I might need to throw holy water' I think to myself.

Not paying attention to my surroundings I suddenly end up on the floor and look up and the hard substance I just walked into.

Jason stands over me trying to steady himself with the book case looking down on me.

'Great Annabeth just Great' I say to myself whilst trying to get back up.

"Oh Gods sorry Annabeth I didn't see you there" Jason says holding his hand out to me.

I grab it and hoist myself up into a standing position.

"Oh no worries it was all my fault I wasn't paying attention." I say smiling at him.

"I was just trying to find a good book to read" he says "any suggestions".

I smirk at him thinking 'He did not just ask me that'.

We spent the next hour walking around the library picking up every good book I thought he would like.

I finally stopped when the stack was above his head and I was carrying some.

"Wow Annabeth when I asked for suggestions I thought maybe two or three not half the library." He said joking.

"Oh please this isn't even 1/5 I'm just breaking the surface for you" I say laughing "andddd you should know better then to ask a book worm for a few suggestions. I was practically holding myself back from going over board.