The Feasts of Givings Ball

Have you ever had your body wake up but your eyes stayed glued together.

Well that pretty much what happened today.

The sun was filtering through the balcony and I could tell it was morning but all I wanted to do in burrow more into my blankets and stay there.

"Good morning miss" I hear a cheerful Lily chirp.

Apparently she didn't appreciate the groan I gave her so she ripped my soft wonderful blanket off my body.

"Gods Lily what was that for, it's freezing." I shout jumping out of bed.

"Well we don't want you to be late for breakfast" Bella says smoothing a dress over her arm.

Michelle has drawn me a bath with lavender sent.

I take my nice sweet time lathering my hair in lemon shampoo.

Once out the girls go through a routine of getting me ready.

Reaching the dinning hall I take my seat next to Piper and start eating my food listening in on conversations going on around me.

"My maids are the best in the whole world they made me a dress of champagne pink for the ball tonight." Selina says with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Lucky you" Catherine sneers "my maids made me a dress that goes totally against my complexion."

I roll my eyes and continue to eat blocking out the useless chatter until Queen Sally stands.

"I would like to make an announcement. The winners of the festival booth will receive a golden laurel that they must wear for tonight's ball."

The girls around me pick up in excited whispers.

With a raise of her hand everyone quiets down.

"The winners are Lady Annabeth Chase from Athens and Lady Piper McLean from Skopelos."

Piper and I look at each other shocked and happy.

"Come up girls" Sally says giving us a sweet and tender smile.

Once we approach and are crowned I see all the evil and jealous glares the girls cast our way.

We sit back down and return to eating until breakfast is over.

"I can't believe we won" Piper squeals as we head back to our rooms.

"I knew you would, you booths where the best in the whole festival." Selina says smiling and walking with us.

"I'm just excited for the ball." Piper continues once we reach our rooms.

"I agree. It will be interesting since it is custom for there to be a huge feast and then the ball." I saw leaning against the wall reciting what I knew.

"I'll see you guys later." Selina says flashing a smile before turning around and heading back down the hall.

"Same here. I have letters to write to my dad." Piper says before entering her room.

Quiet as a mouse I sneak into my room not wanting to disturb the girls and grab my book.

I head down to the library and exchange pleasantries with Chiron before heading to the corner and reading.

A few hours pass and I decide to grab a quick snack.

I enter the kitchen and immediately am filled with the most wonderful sents in the world.

I see the kitchen staff are working on the dinner and baking the desserts.

I grab an apple and rush out in hopes of not getting in their way before deciding to explore the palace some more.