Actually Good Friends

Kokichi didn't pay attention to his class at all. The interaction- no, it was more than an interaction, the event happened between them of Keebo finding out about Kokichi's disease replayed in his mind again and again. He thought of things he could've done to avoid it, things he could've said. What if Keebo told everyone about it? What if Keebo bullied him for it? Even though Kokichi knew Keebo wasn't the person to do any of that, he couldn't help but wonder and make himself feel even more miserable. He did this to himself.

The students rushed out of class and got their notebooks or put in notebooks from their lockers. As Kokichi was walking towards his locker, he was tripped. Either it was intentional or accidental, he was used to far worse. This was only touching the surface of his treatment for being a compulsive liar.

Kokichi got up and looked behind his shoulder to see who the person who tripped him was, but that person was already gone, blended in with the crowd. There was only another hour until the day ended. Thank god.

Once the day ended, he found Keebo waiting for him at the exit of the school building. Kiyo had after-school activities and Rantaro was walking with another group of friends. Luck was never on Kokichi side, wasn't it?

The two walked out of the school gates, in silence. Keebo looked around his surroundings to see if anyone was around to potentially hear them. No one was around, or out of distance.

"Kokichi, can we talk about your.. disease?" Kokichi stiffened at that. He already has shown so much of his vulnerability to him, he couldn't let him find out more. This was a hard situation to lie out of since he did show proof on his condition.
"I don't know, all of that could've been planned.~"
Keebo put on a disappointed face. That was an obvious lie. "You wouldn't have planned that far into detail. How would you even get the flowers and blood, making it look fresh?"

Kokichi wore an offended expression. "Are you underestimating me, the Ultimate Supreme Leader himself?!" Kokichi said, trying to move to another topic. Keebo hummed, sounding a bit annoyed. "It might have been a trick to distract you from something else! Who knows?" He said with a smirk that went from ear-to-ear.
"What?" Keebo raised an eyebrow.

"Well, that's beside the point. I want to help you with your disease. It was called 'Hanahaki', correct?" Kokichi was very uncomfortable about this topic. This was his biggest physical weakness. It could be considered mentally as well.

How should he respond to this? He wanted help, he needed help. Everything felt so painful. But at the same time, he didn't want anyone to worry or to know he was hurting. Keebo would keep trying to talk about his condition, in person or on text, he would try to help.

At times like these, he hated actually good friends.

He made up his mind. What would Keebo want to know about anyway? He already read about it and knew the basics about this disease, so there wasn't possibly anything to know about. Besides his cru- "I could help you get with her." Keebo pauses for a few moments, blurting it out. "Or him."

Was he serious? Though, the pianist and Shuichi were together. It would be hard to split them up. "If the person you like is in a relationship, why not try to make a good friendship with them? If it's one of those 'admiring from afar' scenarios." It was as if Keebo had read Kokichi's mind.

The two were getting closer to the station, though it was only a few minutes away. They could try to talk on the train, but it would be hard to hear each other. "So, What do you say?" Kokichi stared. He didn't know if Keebo's plan would work or not. Kokichi would feel a tad bit guilty if Kaede and Shuichi actually broke up. But, the only option for Kokichi was to make Shuichi like him since he didn't want and couldn't afford surgery and he didn't want to die in the next few months either.

"I really hope your plan works."