Chapter 1. WICKED

Warlock's Institute for Controlling and Keeping Dragons(WICKED),Romania.

A red headed sturdy boy stared at the big bold letters inscribed on the arch which stood above the tall iron grilled gate. "Finally" he sighed placing his trunk on the ground and adjusting his back pack, his legs glued to the ground, as he saw the magnificently ancient building through the iron grills. The structure was not standing on a mountain but it looked like the mountain was carved into a building.

"Dream come true huh?" A voice snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked behind his shoulder to find a tall, well-built boy with dark hair and twinkling eyes, grin at him "Aiden McMiller" the boy introduced himself, extending his hand.

"Charles Weasley" said the red haired boy shaking hands with the dark haired one.

"Nice to meet you Charlie. Can I call you that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sure why not? Practically everyone calls me that" Charlie said, smiling back at his new friend.

"So I am guessing, I can call you..." Charlie began.

"Nope" Aidan cut him off smirking "Aidan is fine"

"Okay" Charlie said, rolling his eyes.

The giant gate opened on its own, allowing them to step into the broad walkway leading to the tall edifice. The boys took their giant trunks and trudged up to their destination.

"Wait up fellas" They both whipped their heads to the direction the voice came from. A short and stout boy approached them panting, clutching his chest. As he saw them wait for him, he paused on his tracks catching his breath, resting his hands on his knees.

"You okay there buddy?" Aiden asked, approaching him. Charlie followed suit.

"I am fine. I am fine" he said raising his hands up "Just a bit tired is all"

Charlie and Aiden exchanged looks. "Owen Haywood, by the way" the brown haired boy said, still trying to catch his breath.

"Charles Weasley" "Aidan McMilller" both boys introduced themselves and they all shook hands.

"Do you think there'll be food?" He asked, which made both Aiden and Charlie chuckle. "What? I am starving!" Owen exclaimed.

"I think I already love you buddy" Aiden said putting one arm around Owen's neck and pulling him close, as they walked up to the Institute.

The three boys were guided to the main hall where other people had already gathered. They left their belongings on a large wooden desk, lying in one of the corners of the room.

"I see no dragons here" Owen scowled, placing his hands on his hips, as he scanned the room "I can't wait to see the dragons!"

"Chill down buddy. They are probably training the dragons before throwing them at a dangerous creature like you" Aiden said, taking seat on one of the front benches and gesturing the other boys to sit beside him. A senior wizard briskly stepped on the dais and cleared his throat to gather everyone's attention. The whole room fell silent.

Welcome to Warlock's Institute for Controlling and Keeping Dragons. WICKED as you call it. I am Marius Alecsandri, head of this institute. This Institute functions for providing training to young and qualified wizards for nurturing, protecting, controlling, breeding and keeping dragons. Here you will undergo strict training under a tight schedule so that you step out of this Institute as professional dragon keepers. We strive to bring out the best in you. Every year we receive applications from thousands of wizards from all across the world. But only the best ten get the chance to step their foot in this Institute. So you must consider yourself fortunate enough to be part of this prestigious institution.

Now Mr. Lucas Maxwell, who is going to be your trainer-in-chief, will take over and address the introductory session. Before that Mr. Ogden here, would be calling out your names. Please step up and receive the badge to mark your identity in this institution. Thank you" Mr. Alecsandri stepped down and walked out of the hall hastily, his cloak flying behind him.

"McMiller Aiden" Mr. Ogden read out from the scroll and looked up.

Aiden went up to their trainer Mr. Lucas Maxwell, who pinned the bronze coated badge on his chest. It resembled a dragon face and the letters WICKED were embedded in the middle. Aiden stepped down proudly flashing a smile at the rest of the people gathered there. Everyone was excited.

"Flicker Marshall" Mr. Ogden called and a skinny boy got up from his seat a bit nervously and walked up to the dais.

The process continued as they were all called one by one on the dais.

"Sheperd Jason"

"Millicent Boon"

"Gilbert Nathan"

"Haywood Owen" Owen was so excited that he almost tripped on the steps while he was climbing the dais. "One of a kind that one" Aiden muttered under his breath, chuckling.

"Weasley Charles"

"Oh that would be me" Charlie stood up. Like Aiden had mentioned earlier, it was actually a dream come true for him. Ever since he was a child he was fond of dragons. He always knew this was what he wanted to do. Be a dragon keeper. As Mr. Maxwell pinned the badge on his shirt, he actually felt his eyes brimming with happy tears. Maxwell patted on Charlie's shoulder and they exchanged a smile. "All the best" he whispered.

"Zachary Ezra"

"Greene Joseph"

"Scott Natalie"

The boys exchanged looks. "For a second I thought he said Natalie. A girl's name. haha" Owen whispered to the boys standing next to him, chuckling. "He actually said Natalie" Aiden told Owen, as he craned his neck to look over the other side of the room. As far as the boys knew, only wizards trained at WICKED. Dragons and witches never went hand in hand. Dragons were the dangerous of all magical creatures. Becoming a dragon keeper was one of the most risky job in the wizarding world. So stereo-typically, WICKED was an all boy institute. Everyone was taken aback when a tall hooded figure approached the dais to receive their badge. "All the best Miss Scott" Mr. Maxwell said patting on her shoulder.

"A girl at WICKED!!" the boys exclaimed, as if it was illegal for a girl to train as a dragon keeper. Charlie glared at the figure as Natalie Scott stepped down from the dais. For a second her big blue orbs met his chocolate brown ones. He hated the girl already for some reason unknown to him.