The Surface

(A/N Howdy readers and writers! Welcome back! I hope you enjoy my new series of Flowertale!)

~

Frisk's POV~

I can't believe it's been 5 years since we all got out of the underground. Liam is so good and acts just like his mother Chara. "Sweetie it's time to get ready for school! Come downstairs and eat!" I hear a thud from upstairs. "I'll be down in a second mom!" I smile to myself and continue to cook Liam's favorite breakfast. Chara walks downstairs and slumps down onto the couch. "Morning babe" Chara must've not had much sleep last night, her voice sounds heavy and hoarse. "Mom! I can't find my sweater! Can you come to help me look?" I finish cooking the pancakes and head upstairs. I look around and find Liam's sweater and hand it to him. "Thanks, mom." I smile at him and pat his head. "Hurry up and come eat breakfast...I made pancakes." Liam jumped with joy and quickly finished. I went back downstairs and sat next to Chara. "Did you sleep last night?" She looked at me. "Nope. I was up all night working." I sigh and kiss her. "I'm not going to sleep tonight until you do" "Hun, you need sleep, you've got a lot of things to worry about tomorrow." "Guess we'll both be asleep by 8:30 then" I smile and walk back to the kitchen just in time for Liam to run in and sit down. I put three pancakes on his plate along with butter and some syrup. Sans pops in with his grin per usual. "Ready kid?" Liam finished his food and ran to Sans. "I'm ready!" Sans nods at Chara at says to me: "See ya later kiddo" I wave goodbye and then they're gone. 

Chara's POV~

"Come here Frisk," I say with a smile on my face. She walks over to me and sits on my lap. "What do you want to do today?" She thinks about it a little. "How about we visit all our friends today?" I agree and start to carry her towards the stairs. "Let's get ready" She blushes a little and nods. We make it upstairs and start to get dressed. Frisk takes off her shirt and I can see how skinny she is...If you look only a little closer you can see the scars of both her past and the buttercup flowers. It takes most of my strength not to cry. (Frisk looks like she does in the picture above) I put on a green and yellow sweater with some jeans and tennis shoes. "Frisk, you need to eat more, you look like a stick." She turns around and smirks. She makes a joke and we both tart to laugh. She wipes a tear from her eye and hugs me. "I love you," I say I love her too as we are walking out of the room. Moments later we are out the door and walking down the street to Undyne and Alphys' house. We knock on the door and greet them nicely. They tell us to come inside and we all sit down and catch up. Undyne is a cop and Alphys is helping Sans in a lab, new ideas come in every day. "Well, we have to get going but it was nice to check in," says Frisk. She looks almost uncomfortable. I shrug it off and get up with Frisk to head to Mom and Dad's house. "Do you think Asgore will be gardening again, just like the last time we visited?" I'm thinking too much about what happened at Undyne's house that I can barely make out what she's saying.

"Chara?" I look at her.

"Hmm?"

"Are you alright? You look distraught."

"What? No. I'm fine. Just thinking. about Mom."

"Alright..."

We make it to Mom's house and ring the doorbell. Nobody's home. That sucks. "Well then-" I look at Frisk and make her turn towards me while I put both hands on her shoulders. "Chara? Are you alright-" I cut her off. "Frisk...What's going on?" She laughs a little. "What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine," she stares at me. "I'm fine" I nod and kiss her forehead. We head back home and see the door opened. I run in and Frisk cautiously walks in behind me. I then see Sans and Liam drinking ketchup. I sigh. "Sans The Skeleton and Liam Dreemurr!" Frisk glares at Sans. "Shouldn't he be at school?" I nod in agreement. "He's...sick?" Frisk puts a hand to her face and looks like she's going to be sick. "Hey... Frisk? Are you okay?" 

And that's when the flower fell

.

.

.

.

(A/N I hope I did well with the first part of the sequel! See you next time!)

.

.

.

(803 words)