Oh Sweet Boy of Mine

(Note: Back to the present! Enjoy!)

~

Chara's POV~

I get up and wince in pain. My head is throbbing and there's blood dripping on my floor. That'll take a while to clean up. I walk over to my phone and see it's 12:16 am. I put it in my pocket and head out the door. I don't even think about anything. My feet are walking for me. After what seems like a year, I end up at the hospital. I walk in and a nurse sees me. "Oh my god! Are you okay Mrs. Dreemurr?!" I look at her slowly. "Where's... Frisk...?" The nurse lifts herself up to her tiptoes and moves my bangs back. She looks at the aching wound on my head. "Miss...did someone hit you?" I look through my memories. "Yeah, someone...from the underground." "A monster?" "No, she was human. And she had....had my son, Liam. Please just tell me where my wife is. Is she in the same room?" "No, I think it'd be best if you followed me to a room where Dr. Marsh could check the wound and see if it needs stitches." The nurse turns her back for a split second and I run/limp down the hallway, right in front of what I remember to be Frisk's room. 

As I open the door I can see Sans on the floor with a cracked skull, the River-woman and my son Liam. "What the hell happened here...?" Liam snaps his head to me and stands up. "Are you okay mom?! You're bleeding." He gets close to me and almost touches my head but I pull away and look at the woman in the cloak. "What are you doing here? Why did you hit Sans and me?" "I'm here to help my daughter..." What the actual fuck? "What?" "Frisk. I've come to help Frisk." "You called her your daughter, Frisk was adopted so how did you find her?" "I've always been with her. She's one and the same." "What the fuck are you talking about?!" Then, Liam speaks and I look over to him. "Mom was reincarnated 23 years ago after she died 100 years ago." I look at the hood this lady is wearing. "You're telling me...that Frisk. My Frisk...was reincarnated?" Liam nods. Oh my god, this is so stupid.

Third-person POV~

Liam moves to Chara's direct viewpoint and speaks softly. "I can explain everything ma' promise." Chara puts her hands on Liam's shoulders and tries not to yell at his face. She takes in a deep breath and says okay. Liam smiles and they all sit down. But before they do Liam sets his Uncle Sans in a chair and wraps his head up in elastic bandages. 

"Alright Liam, I'm listening..." Chara says this as she's looking at Frisk. Liam looks at Chara with sadness in his eyes and began to explain how the two met. Chara gives Riverwoman a few glances as he speaks. Then Liam stops for a brief moment. "Mom, this is the important part. This is where we came up with the plan."

Flashback~

"Sorry I went a little crazy on you there." A little? Liam thought "Just explain how my mother is reincarnated from 100 years ago." Riverwoman sighed."Listen, Liam, I don't even remember what my name was. It's been so long. I just want someone who remembers me and I want to see my daughter. But Frisk she's...she's up on the surface dying. I want to save her." "I do too. But how do you know she'll remember you?" Riverwoman paused for a few moments. " She cast multiple spells on me and only told me very very few excluding the one where if she were to pass away suddenly and see me again anytime in the future she would gain all her memories back." " How do I know you're telling the truth?" "You don't. But please, you have to trust me I want to see my daughter." Liam nodded and Riverwoman began to devise a plan to out power Liam and take the determination Gaster gave him.

"I have a plan. All you need to do is help me knock out your family that would get in our way of saving your mother. First, we need to go to your house and grab something small but thick. Do you have anything like that?" Liam nods and Riverwoman continues. "Second we need to go to the hospital and knock out Your Uncle Sans so-" "How do you know my Uncle Sans is at the hospital?" Riverwoman sighs. "From what I've witnessed 5 years ago Sans is in love with your mom. And always stays by her side." Liam never heard about this before so he was sort of shocked. But he never got to hear the end of the plan.

Flashback end~

"I didn't want her to hurt you badly, not enough to bleed. Just enough to knock you out." Liam then got up and opened his arms for a hug. "So that's why you had her do it? Ya' know the thing that hurts the most is that you watched. You looked me dead in the eye and watched this STRANGER hurt your mother!"Liam put his arms down and looked away. "I had no choice. What else was I supposed to do to save mom huh?! Stay with you and hope for the best?!" "Don't talk to your mother this way," Liam mumbled under his breath. "What was that?" "I said your not my mother!! You're just a woman who adopted and tolerated me for five years!" Liam angrily pointed at Frisk and yelled: "She's more a mother than you'll ever be! She bathed me, fed me, drove me to school, and bought me clothes and things we needed! Mom talks all about how five years ago you were troubled and now you've changed and you're a better version of yourself. But honestly? You haven't changed at all." Liam breaths in. "While mom was laying here DYING you never once tried to find a cure!" Chara was mad and it took everything she had to not slap Liam across the face.

"Ever since you went missing and wandered away I've been looking for you. Every. other. day because I love you and I wanted Frisk to be able to see your face before she was blinded AGAIN...for the millionth time! You could've told someone where you were going but you snuck away unwilling to let anyone know..." Both were speechless now so Chara said softly: "You could've- could've stayed. You could've helped me fix things. We could've found another way..." And eventually walked out. Liam and Riverwoman stood there for a few minutes before Liam started to cry and Riverwoman put her hand on his shoulder. "Get away from me." Liam moved away from her "Its okay to cry, you know.." She moved a little closer and Liam yelled again. "Shut the fuck up! This is your fault! You came up with a stupid plan! I just wanted to come home and help my mom. I didn't want any of this!" Liam walked out as well and left Riverwoman and knocked out Sans alone.

*

*

*

(Note: I hope you've read through and liked it. Hope you come back for next time!)

*

*

(1227 words)