Chapter 20 - Shopping for Wedding

24th July

Last night's memory of their warm and compassionate embrace was still fresh in Priyasha's mind. Sometimes she'd go all red and blushing like a teenager, sometimes pain would flicker inside her chest fearing the consequences if Vishwa's plan succeeded.

Abhiraj left for hotel immediately after breakfast. Maya didn't stop him this time, understanding the seriousness of the situation. Since he left, Priyasha had been suffering inwardly with the nagging thought of Abhiraj's meeting with Aslam. If anything happened to him in the course of action, she'd never be able to forgive herself. Because knowingly or unknowingly, she had taken up a big role in being responsible for everything.

In the meantime, Maya had interrogated her like a typical mother, whether she was eating properly and whether her health was alright.

Priyasha had replied to that wrinkling her nose, "Maa, I should be the one asking you that question." Maya's response to that was, "You'll know the pain when you'll be a mother!" with a dismissive hand gesture.

~~~

Around afternoon her phone buzzed when she was feeding Tiyu. It was Vinita.

"Hey!"

"What are you doing?"

"Feeding Tiyu. Why?"

"Okay. I'll be there in fifteen minutes. You get ready quickly."

"But why? Are we going somewhere?"

"I'll tell you on the way," Vinita answered impatiently. "Get into anything and be ready in fifteen minutes."

"Okay."

Priyasha had no idea what her best friend had been planning. But knowing Vinita and her adamant character, she knew she wouldn't spare her anyway. Thus, she decided to get going, found a pair of jeans and a mauve plaid shirt and put them on quickly. When Tiyu realized Priyasha was going out, she started crying to come along. After a lot of drama, it was possible to make her stay at home in exchange of chocolates.

~~~

"Where are we going?" Once they opted for a rickshaw, she asked Vinita.

"You'll know soon," Vinita answered creating suspense.

Once they reached the taxi stand, Vinita climbed into one of them and Priyasha followed her.

"Vini, what's going on? Your suspense is killing me already, honestly," she demanded, almost annoyed now.

"Shopping." Vinita grinned.

"Why?" Priyasha threw her friend a surprised look.

"Okay, don't kill me for not telling you earlier." Vinita drawled to create an air of mystery. Her eyes twinkled with mirth. "I am getting wed next Tuesday."

"What?" Priyasha shouted aloud in excitement. "You what?... Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Vinita held up her hands in submission while laughing. "Forgive me."

Shaking her head, Priyasha retorted playfully, "You are an enemy." Then both of them laughed aloud.

"Congratulations!" Priyasha giggled, hugging her best friend.

"Thank you."

After pulling apart, she inquired playfully, "So, who is this misfortunate being, who's going to sacrifice his whole life in order to keep all the rest of us in peace?"

Vinita's eyes went wide as she swatted on Priyasha's arm. "Shut up. His name is Jatin."

Priyasha took one of Vinita's hands in her and stated lovingly, "Love you, Vini. I'm happy for you."