7

Louis makes his way into the kitchen the next day before lunch time. He didn't go back to the class after he visited the nurse the day before, deciding he wants to take a nap. What he did. Michael told him that Crystal helps in the kitchen with a few other omegas. Louis asked if he could help them and his friend said sure. Harry would do the same sometimes.

So Louis decided to go and totally not because of the possibility that Harry could be there. No, he wants to - better said needs to - improve his cooking if he wants to live by himself.

"Lou!" Crystal exclaims as soon as she spots the omega entering the kitchen. She runs towards him and jumps into his arms, Louis catching her without any problem.

"Hi Chris." he says smiling, kissing her cheek. Both don't notice the looks from the other two omegas there who are very confused. They know that Crystal is mated to Michael so seeing her jump into another alphas arm and kiss his cheek is very strange to them.

"Why are you here? You wanna burn down the kitchen?" she asks with raised eyebrow.

Louis rolls his eyes as he lets her down again. "If you don't mind, I'd like to help." he says seriously and gets a smile from the other two mated omegas.

"Uhm, we actually don't have anything to do." Crystal claims, scratching the back of her head. "We all have our things to do where we don't need help."

Louis sighs and is about to leave again, as one of the other omegas - Luke, Louis now recognises - starts talking. "But you could help Harry." he says. "He will be here in a few and makes desert. He is always happy if he gets some help." he claims and Louis smiles at that. Not because of Harry, because he can do something. Obviously.

So he sits down at the kitchen island to wait for the older alpha to come into the kitchen. He watches the other omegas do their thing, talking about whatever.

Then the door opens and Harry walks in with a smile. "How are we all do-- Louis?" He stops in his tracks, eyes on the omega, sitting at the kitchen island.

"He wants to help." Luke says, pointing at Louis with a spoon.

"Yes, but we all don't really need help and we don't want him to burn down the kitchen." Crystal says, smiling at Louis, who glares and sticks out his tongue at her.

"It was once! Okay?" he complains. "Once!" He emphasises again, holding up his index finger.

"So can he help you?" Crystal ignores her friends, talking to Harry again.

The alpha shrugs with a smile. "Sure, why not?" he says, smiling at Louis who smiles back.

"Okay, what can I do?" the omega asks, jumping down from the bar stool he was sitting on.

Harry chuckles and goes to fetch everything they'd need. "I planned on doing red velvet cupcakes." Harry says as he gets all the utensils he needs. "Can you get butter, sugar, three eggs, red food colouring, cocoa powder and vanilla?" he asks the omega, who nods and gets everything.

Louis needs to open a few cupboards to find everything, but he manages. He places everything on the kitchen island, where they have space to mix everything up.

Harry places two bowls next to Louis and places his phone down as well. On there are the ingredients. "Can you mix the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy?" he asks Louis, who nods and takes the scale Harry gives him. "You can put it in the stand mixer." Harry then says pointing at said stand mixer.

Louis does just that, focusing on doing this right, because he tends to make slip ups in the kitchen that could ruin everything. He doesn't want this today, so he concentrates on his given task.