9

Louis walks back into his shared room, ruffling his wet hair with a towel. He successfully got rid of Harry's scent that lingered all over his body as he left the older wolf's cabin this morning. It was around 7am so Louis had just enough time to come back and shower.

"Where were you?" Niall asks frowning, putting on his shoes.

Louis throws the slightly wet towel onto his bed. "Taking a shower." he answers truthfully.

"Yea, but your scent was really faint as I woke up. It's not that faded when you just left." the blonde alpha states truthfully.

Louis takes a deep breath and runs his hand through his damp hair before answering Niall. "I, uh, went on a run." he simply says. "Breakfast?" the omega quickly changes the subject.

Luckily, Niall loves food more than anything so he drops the topic immediately, instead getting up and leaving the room, pulling Louis with him by the wrist.

-

Just two hours later and Louis sits outside, listening to Mr. Cowell talk about whatever. He doesn't really care, more focused on secretly watching Harry, who is sitting a little away.

But he is all ears as a familiar voice starts speaking. "Mr. Cowell." the alpha starts. "You know a lot about the law. What does the law say about... let's say hypothetically... An alpha finds an unmated omega in the woods at night... What is this alpha allowed to do?" Louis stares at the alpha wide eyed. It's Jaxon, who asked the question. He is glaring at Harry before innocently looking at the teacher.

"Well," Cowell starts. "you would be allowed to do whatever you please. It's an unmated omega and if they walk around alone in the woods and at night..." He shrugs. "It's their fault."

"That's utter bullshit!" Harry exclaims with a low growl. "The omega wasn't able to defent himself. I know, you brain dead, dick controlled dumbheads didn't notice, but the omega was close to dropping. And you probably wouldn't know what to do if that would've happened." he says, eyes glowing a light red.

"Well, if he drops, that's not our fault." Jaxon says and Louis just looks shocked. Do they really think that? The poor omega that ends up with one of them.

Harry growls again. "So you probably would've raped him? What disgusting bastards you are!" he exclaims.

Louis can barely stop himself from whimpering at the thought of being abused, raped by Jaxon and his friend. He doesn't know what he would've done.

-

The afternoon Louis is in the gym together with Liam. There are two other alphas Louis doesn't know the names of. Liam and Louis do their own thing, the alpha having an eye on the omega just in case he overdoes himself.

"Hey, Li?" Louis asks as he stops the treadmill, Liam doing the same. "Could you like... train me in combat?" he asks the alpha, trying to calm his breathing.

Liam frowns. "I don't think I can do that." he says.

"Why not?" Louis asks confused. Liam is fairly good so he surely could help Louis. "Do you think I won't be able to get it?" He pouts at his friend.

The brown eyed wolf chuckles. "No, I'm sure you'd do great with a little training. But Zayn gets jealous rather quickly. Even though he sometimes doesn't seem too happy about us being mates, he can get very jealous."

Louis frowns. "What do you mean? He doesn't seem happy you're mated?" he asks confused. Sure, he notices that they sometimes act weird and Liam can be pretty harsh towards the omega, but that's nothing inordinary. Most alpha-omega relationships are a little like that.

Liam runs his hand through his hair and sighs. "It wasn't like... My rut came early and when I went home, trying not to give into my instincts, Zayn walked past me. He smiled and greeted me like always. I knew he likes me and my brain went on autopilot. And so it just happened that I mated him."

Louis looks at Liam wide eyed. "You raped him?" he breathes out in disbelieve.

Liam shakes his head. "No! I mean, he submitted to me as soon as I stepped towards him. He wanted it too."

Louis frowns and shakes his head. "He is an omega! Of course he will submit if he smells an alpha in heat!" he says loudly, earning the attention of the other alphas training. But the shocked omega doesn't notice them. "And he liked you before! If his omega goes crazy every time he sees you, of course the omega will obey and submit immediately, Liam!"

Now the alpha frowns. "Why would his omega go crazy over me? He just had a crush on me."

Louis frowns. "Well, because--" he was about to admit that his omega goes crazy when he smells someone specific, totally forgotten about the two other alphas in the room who could easily listen in. And also the door opens and the exact smell that brings his omega to freak out when in wolf form floods his nose. His wolf doesn't act up that much, because of the surpressing pills, but still... His heart makes a happy jump.

Louis stops talking as soon as the scent hits him. He turns to look to the door, even though he knows who it is.

"What is he doing here?" The omega hears Liam ask.

So he turns to look back at the brown eyed alpha, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Train?" Louis suggests as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. Well, it is, seeing that he just entered the gym. "Like you and me?"

"Yea, but he usually does it in the early morning hours." Liam notes.

Louis bites his lip. Did he skip because of him? Louis left at around 6:45am and Harry was still there, sleeping peacefully until Louis woke him up so he could leave.

"Who cares? It's not like he'll disturb us." Louis whispers, eyes fixed on the tattooed alpha.

Liam looks between them. "You like him."

Louis blue eyes widen and snap to look at Liam. "What? No!" he says maybe a little too loud, getting once again the attention of the other alphas in the room.

Liam sighs before pulling Louis out of the gym. "You better not." the alpha grumbles.

"What do you mean?" Liam doesn't stop until they are away from any ear that could eavesdrop. "Liam!" Louis pulls his hand out of the alpha's and stops, crossing his arms. "What do you mean I better not?"

"You better not like him." Liam says, a stern look on his face.

"And who are you to tell me who I can and cannot like?" The omega is annoyed with Liam, because Liam has no say in Louis' life. And he doesn't even like Harry that way. He can't.

"He is no good alpha. He--"

"He is the only alpha who sees omegas as an equal here. He is the only one who accepts omegas as they are and not sees them as toys." Louis defends the alpha.

"He is violent, Louis! He is aggressive and has a bad temper. It's some kind of mirical he didn't lash out at anyone since you're here. Harry is--"

Liam gets interrupted by yelling from the gym. Two wolves come outside, followed by Harry, who has red glowing eyes.

"See." Liam simply states as both look at the scene unfolding in front of them.

Both wolves growl, ready to attack. The dark brown wolf jumps first, but Harry is quick to move out of the way. The light grey wolf attacks immediately, but Harry grabs him by the front paws and quickly moves around and throws him against the wall of the gym, getting a whimper from the wolf.

The brown wolf growls, ready to attack again, but Harry steps forward, growling even louder. The brown alpha whimpers and steps back before running off into the woods, closely followed by the grey wolf, who now has a limp.

Louis couldn't help but whimper as well at the low growl from Harry, stepping back instinctively. Harry's red eyes turn to the side and lock with Louis' slightly scared blue eyes. The alpha blinks once, his eyes immediately the familiar green as Louis and Harry just look at each other.

Louis is snapped out of it by Liams voice. "See. Aggressive."

Maybe Liam is right.