Chapter Fourteen - Movie Night

After you had gotten home from the adoption center, Taehyung was constantly distracted by the bracelet around his wrist. You'd ask him a question like, 'How was lunch?', or, 'Did you like the movie?', and you'd get no response so you'd look over and find him running his fingers along the little plaque that said his name. You had giggled, reaching over and grabbing his hand that was feeling the smooth silver, bringing it up to your lips and pressing a kiss on the back of it.

His head was currently resting in your lap, eyes closed and face nuzzled into your thigh when your phone vibrated. You grabbed the device, seeing Seokjin's name and smiled, reading the message.

Hey Y/N, I was wondering if we could resume our movie nights? When I picked Jimin up from his shift today he was super happy and he said that he'd made a friend. I asked who it was and he said that it was the hybrid that you adopted. I'm assuming it's Taehyung? Congratulations, first off. But I think he's a little sad because he's not sure when he'll see Taehyung again. Would it be okay if we came over? I can make food and bring it over, just tell me what Taehyung likes.

You cooed, imagining poor Jimin anxious as to when he was going to see his new friend again. The noise of adoration made Taehyung's eyes flutter open, a sleepy little yawn escaping from the hybrid. He sat up, still with his back to you and scooted himself backwards into your lap. You squealed as his full weight was put on you, much heavier now then when you took him in. You were happy that he had finally gained some weight back from being starved. His tail wiggled against your stomach and you laughed, pushing him off of you and turning him to face you. 

"Taehyung? Would you like to meet one of my friends? His name is Seokjin, he's Jimin's owner. He's nice, I promise," You knew that Taehyung was still weary around most humans and did your best to reassure him. "He would bring Jimin over and you two could hang out together all night. Does that sound like fun? It's a movie night, Seokjin would bring over food and we'd all snuggle up and watch a movie together."

Taehyung's ears had drooped at the anxious feeling he got at being asked to meet someone new, but the minute he heard Jimin's name, they perked back up again.

"Yes!"

You smiled, reaching up to cup his cheeks and press your lips to his. He leaned in eagerly, pushing you both back slightly with his excitement and you laughed, pulling away.

"Do you want to help me make some snacks for movie night?"

He nodded, scrambling up to follow you after you got up from the couch and following you into the kitchen. You grabbed a packet of microwave popcorn and handed it to him. You had been working on hand functionality lately and wanted to test him with opening the popcorn. He struggled at first, eventually finding the plastic edge and tearing it open. You caught the paper packet as it fell from the open plastic and turned to him smiling.

"Good job Taehyung!"

"Thank you!"

Namjoon had taught him please and thank you yesterday, and you smiled at his adorable pronunciation. You jumped slightly, eyes widening as you formulated a plan. You grabbed your phone, sticking the packet of popcorn in the microwave and pressing the button. As the machine whirred to life you clicked on Namjoon's contact, holding the phone to your ear as it rang.

"Hello?" The voice of your friend sounded on the other line and you smiled.

"Hey Namjoon. Jin and Jimin are coming over for a movie night, would you and Joy like to come too? Jimin can make another friend and I know she still wanted to visit."

You heard his muffled voice on the other line asking Joy and then a series of 'yes's and you knew that Joy was on board. You laughed, grabbing two more packets of popcorn just to be safe.

"Y/N, Joy wants to say hi really quick, is that okay?"

"Of course, I'll put her on speaker so she can talk to Taehyung too!" You took the phone away from your ear, placing it on the counter and pressing the speaker button.

"Y/N!"

"Hi Joy! I can't wait to see you!" You turned to Taehyung, "Namjoon and Joy are going to join us for movie night!"

He smiled, wagging his tail.

"I can't wait either! Hi Taehyung! I miss you both! But Namjoon's such a good owner, he's so fun to play with!" 

You giggled at her rambling, hearing Taehyung chuckle too.

"Alright, well I'm glad he's a good owner. I'll see you soon, okay? I made some popcorn and our friend Jin is bringing over more food, does that sound like fun?"

"Yes! I can't wait!"

"Oh good! Okay, I'll see you later Joy!"

"Bye Y/N, bye Taehyung!"

You bid her goodbye and hung up the call, handing Taehyung the other two packets of popcorn to open. 

Once all of the popcorn was popped, you put it in a big bowl and set it on the couch. You grabbed two or three Disney movies, getting blankets and pillows for a fort if anyone wanted. Taehyung was on the couch, looking at the covers of the movies and seeing what he could read when he suddenly shot up, running to the door. A few seconds later, you heard Jin and Jimin's voices coming up to the door. You gestured for Taehyung to open the door and watched as a huge smile broke out on his and Jimin's faces both. They lunged at each other, hugging the absolute life out of each other and Jin shuffled past them, into the living room.

"Taehyung, do you want to show Jimin all the snacks we made?" 

Taehyung nodded, dragging a still smiling Jimin to the kitchen where bowls of chocolates and sour candies sat. Jin held up a reusable bag, setting it on the coffee table and unloading several snack-like dishes. When the buffet was set up, you heard a knock on the door and you opened it to see Namjoon with Joy in his arms. He smiled at you, leaning forwards for you to take her as she squealed, reaching for you.

"Y/N!"

"Hi Joy! I missed you so much! How are you?"

"I missed you too! I'm so good, I love living with Namjoon! He's the best owner!"

"I'm so glad that you're happy! Come on, let's sit down and start a movie, okay?"

She nodded, snuggling herself under a blanket and staring expectantly at the movie choices spread out in front of her. Taehyung and Jimin had come back from the kitchen, hands laden with bowls of candy. Both of their tails wagged when they noticed the little girl on the couch, Taehyung greeting her first.

"Taehyung!"

He nuzzled his face into hers, scooping her up into his arms. He turned to Jimin, pointing to him.

"He's Jimin. He's my friend."

Jimin's eyes were little crescent moons as he smiled, the joy of having someone call him their friend and the excitement of maybe making a new one being almost too much to handle. He held his arms out, taking the cat hybrid from Taehyung.

"I'm Jimin, I've heard a little bit about you Joy. Do you want to sit with Taehyung and I for the movie?"

She nodded her head, glad to be included by the older hybrids and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Jimin?"

"Yes Joy?"

"Will you be my friend too?"

"Of course!"

He tried to contain his excitement but his tail was quite literally whacking the wall behind him as it wagged and you almost fell over from adoration. You led Namjoon and Jin to one side of the couch, leaving the other side for the hybrids to sit on. You grabbed a blanket, spreading it over the three of you and pressing play on Finding Nemo. The hybrids sat down, Joy nestling between Taehyung and Jimin and pulling a blanket over them. You smiled at the new friends and knew that your friends were just as blown away by how sweet the three hybrids were. You had no idea why people treated them badly, they really didn't deserve it.