Chapter Fifty-Two - Breakout

Your appointment was scheduled to last for three hours. You weren't quite sure who could ever last for three hours straight in the way that these 'appointments' were intended, but it just gave you more time to plan your escape.

"Taehyung, when I have to go, I'm going to turn the lights off. That way, if there's any security cameras, they won't be able to see you escape. Then, shift, and then slip out of your cell when I open the door. Run to the back, over there," You pointed towards the opposite side of the room, where a large iron door led to the outside. "Then, I'll leave, run around to the back, and open the door for you. Hopefully, no one notices that you're gone or that there's a dog in the back of the room before I get to you. Okay? They told me to put on your muzzle before I left, and they only muzzle you at the end of your day, so I don't think there's any other appointments scheduled for you."

He nodded along, tail wiggling behind him as he sat in your lap. He was bigger now that you'd been regularly feeding him, but you'd already begun to see declines in his health from being there. He was heavy, but not overwhelmingly so. He laid his head on your chest, prompting you to thread your fingers through his hair and pet his ears. You did this for a while, rocking him back and forth slightly and humming softly. He jolted upright suddenly, bumping his head into your chin hard. You groaned, massaging the sore skin on your jaw as he did the same for his head.

"I'm sorry! It was an accident!"

"I know, it's okay. Is your head okay?"

"Yeah, how's your chin?" He brushed your hands away from your face, whimpering at the red patch of skin on the underside of your jaw. He leaned in, licking it softly and soothing the pain.

You pressed a kiss on the top of his head where it had hit your chin and he stopped, bringing his head out from under yours to look next to him.

"Y/N! This is Yugyeom, he's a bunny hybrid just like Jungkook! He's the one who came up with the plan, the plan where I asked master to show me off on the website and on flyers! Is that how you found me?"

"Yeah, it was, thank you so much Yugyeom, I'm Y/N."

You leaned through the bars of Taehyung's cell to shake hands with the smiling bunny but turned back to face Taehyung when he let out another excited yip.

"Oh! And guess what?! He's Jackson and Jinyoung's brother! They had the same owner!"

You let out a small noise of disbelief as Yugyeom nodded enthusiastically at you.

"How are they? Are they safe? I tried to make her stop but she just hit me and left them on the street corner, I couldn't get out of the car, I-" He was cut off by his own tears, a sob coming up and making him choke on his own words.

"Oh, Yugyeom, it's okay. They're safe, don't worry. They're a little skinny, but so are you, and we're feeding them well. Jinyoung is teething, I don't know it he was when you were with him, but he's got two bottom teeth, and that's it. It's adorable when he smiles."

Yugyeom looked embarrassed as he wiped away his tears, nevertheless smiling and nodding as you told him about his family.

"He was starting to teeth a little bit. That's part of why our owner dumped us, she was tired of him crying and chewing on things. I let him chew on my ears so that he wouldn't cry, but it hurt a bit." He brandished the end of one of his floppy ears, and only now did you see the raw skin on them that should have been covered with fur.

"Oh, sweetheart, those look new! They're so raw, are you sure they're okay?"

He nodded, blushing a bit, "I can't go to sleep unless I suck on them, so they get raw sometimes. I know it's gross, I just can't help it." 

You waved off his embarrassment, "It's not gross, it just helps you calm down, don't worry. The only thing is that I'm sure your ears hurt a lot, but we can get you something else to suck on."

He cocked his head at your words, letting his ear fall from his grasp.

"Mark my words, if I don't get you out today Yugyeom, I'll get you out sometime soon. I'm going to free all of you at some point, the police are waiting, I'm going to tell them everything. Don't worry. But are you a shifter?"

The bunny's eyes were shining as he nodded.

"Okay, I think I can sneak you out today when I leave, you're probably small enough to fit in my purse, yeah?" You grabbed the purse next to you, lying forgotten on the cell floor.

"Yeah, I'm pretty small! Thank you so much Y/N, I don't know how to repay you, you've saved my brothers, you're saving me, I don't know how-"

"Don't worry about it Yugyeom, really. I'm just glad to help, I hate that you all are in here, held captive and forced to.. well, you know. You're held captive and you're raped in here, that's absolutely despicable. My reward is that you're safe and happy, hopefully we can make that happen."

You squeezed Yugyeom's hand, reaching up and running a hand through Taehyung's hair. He leaned into your touch, nuzzling his head into your hand.

You were rudely interrupted by your phone timer, letting you know that your appointment was over. You sighed, quickly going over the plan one more time before quickly getting out of the cell and turning off the lights, making your way back inside. 

You turned to Yugyeom, "Okay, can you shift now? I need to go, just shift and hop into my bag."

He did so, an adorable fluffy bunny when shifted, and Taehyung followed, nuzzling at the inside of your knee when you stood and walked to the cell door. You let Taehyung out, making sure that he got to the back door before dashing out. You already had your money clutched in your hand so that you wouldn't reveal Yugyeom in your purse while checking out.

The process of checking out was simple enough, a man took your money, asked for your name, to which you responded with a fake one, the same one that you had used to register for the appointment, and you were on your way. You tore around the building, wrenching open the back door and sighing in relief when Taehyung trotted out. 

You shut the door behind you, but not before speaking softly, "Don't worry you guys, I'm coming back for you all."