Chapter Fifty-Seven - Unexpected Visitor

Hello my loves! I've just updated my scenarios, oneshots, preferences, and imagines book, it's a reaction where hybrid bts smells another hybrid on you. Please go check it out! I hope you like it!

You pulled open the freezer, reaching onto the top shelf to get the ice cream cartons. You bought the medium sized ones, one each for every person in the house. You pulled out your own flavor, handing Taehyung his cookies and cream carton and a spoon. Taehyung, as a dog hybrid, was only permitted small amounts of chocolate, or else his stomach would begin acting up.

You remembered Jimin's welcome party that Seokjin had thrown the day he adopted Jimin, the words party very misleading. You were the only person invited, and you three sat around watching movies and eating junk food for the entire night. You'd have scolded Jin for getting Jimin's hopes up for a party but the corgi hybrid had seemed incredibly pleased to have spent the night with you and his new owner.

Jin had set out a bowl of M&M's, and Jimin had taken a normal amount for humans. You didn't notice, and Seokjin hadn't thought about it before the puppy was whining, clutching his tummy and dashing to the bathroom. You'd almost taken him to urgent care to get his stomach pumped, but he had said that his stomach was feeling better. Seokjin apologized profusely but Jimin wasn't upset. He loved the extra attention that he got after he had gotten sick.

You snapped out of your reverie, opening your ice cream and taking a spoonful. There was chocolate in yours and you tried to avoid Taehyung's puppy eyes as he looked at your flavor.

"You know you can't have chocolate. This is too much for your stomach. Plus, you have your own ice cream!"

He whimpered, trying to catch your eye again.

"No. I'm not making you sick."

"It's worth it!"

"No it's not! You can't get sick for chocolate Taehyung, have your own."

He huffed but complied, offering you a spoonful of his cookies and cream. You accepted it, thanking him for the kind gesture. After a couple more bites you put your carton back in the freezer, resting your head on Taehyung's shoulder as he finished. He too put his carton away, coming back and sitting next to you on the couch. He laid his head in your lap, nudging your thigh with his nose and curling up. You reached down, instantly finding his puppy ears in his slightly tangled, wet mess of hair. The twitched at your touch and you giggled as his tail began wagging behind him, smacking itself against the couch.

You heard the little footsteps coming down the stairs and you looked to your side to see Jungkook, rubbing his eyes with his fists. He had his bunny slippers on and you held back a laugh. He trudged over to you, climbing up onto your other side. He joined in, reaching for one of Taehyung's ears and caressing the soft fur. You used your other hand, the one that was not still in Taehyung's hair, and reached into the bunny hybrid's hair. He leaned into your side, resting his head on your chest as you scratched behind your two hybrid's ears. 

Taehyung sat up, taking your hand in his when it slipped out of his hair and placing it back on his head when he was settled. Jungkook took his opportunity, crawling into your lap and straddling your legs, burying his head in your neck and closing his eyes. You kept stroking his head, lulling him to sleep again as he laid on you.

Your beautiful moment between your little family was rudely interrupted by the doorbell ringing, and your stomach turned as you glanced at the time. It was the middle of the night, why was anyone knocking at your door?

You stood, keeping Jungkook balanced on your hip as you walked over to the door. You discreetly peered behind the curtain, fear gripping you tight as you saw the face behind the door. You gave Jungkook to Taehyung, whispering for him to go upstairs and wake Seokjin. To tell him that the two of them needed to stay in his room for a few minutes, until you came up and got them.

Once they were safely hidden upstairs, you dashed away from the door, ducking down and hiding in the kitchen. You heard their knocking and doorbell ringing continue, with mumbling in between every few knocks or rings. You dialed Chanyeol's personal number, having to call a few times before he picked up with a voice still gravelly from sleep.

"Y/N? Are you okay? It's so late, what's going on?"

"Chanyeol, please come help, Taehyung's old owner is at the door, he won't stop knocking and ringing the doorbell. Come with backup, you can just arrest them here!"

"Okay, okay, slow down. I'll get backup now, but it's gonna take us about ten minutes to get to your house. We'll be there soon, be safe and whatever you do, don't open the door."

"Okay, hurry please, thank you Chanyeol."

He hung up, leaving you in the kitchen alone. Seokjin's contact popped up on your phone as he called you, and you slid the button over, answering the call.

"Jin, please just keep them safe up there, Taehyung's old owner is at the door. Don't tell him, I don't want him to worry. Chanyeol is on his way, he's gonna take them now."

You heard a small whispered, 'Jesus', before his voice came back on the line.

"Okay Y/N, tell me if they move around the house, because I'll watch them from there. But everyone's safe for now, don't you dare open that door."

"I know, I won't. Thank you Jin, good luck."

"You too. Bye Y/N." You clicked the off button and curled up further behind your counter. You prayed that Chanyeol would arrive soon, you weren't sure how long Taehyung's old owner would stay at the door.