Chapter Twenty-Six - The Letter

Your eyes fluttered open, two bunny ears blocking the light from hitting your eyes. You looked down at your stomach to see Jungkook sitting on it, bouncing lightly up and down. He gave you a bunny-like grin and leaned forwards to lay his head on your chest. One of his ears hit you in the face and you laughed, lightly pushing it aside. Taehyung was asleep next to you, arms wrapped around your arm and legs around your leg. He was clinging to you like a koala and you brushed away the hair flopping in his face. He unconsciously leaned into your touch, snuggling further into your arm and letting out a sigh.

"Y/N!" Jungkook was very bad at whispering, but you appreciated the effort.

"Yeah?"

"Can we get breakfast now? I'm hungry!" You nodded, trying to pry Taehyung off of your arm while Jungkook slid off of your tummy and onto the floor. Each time you tried to move his hands or arms he'd tighten them, finally reaching an uncomfortable level of pressure.

"Taehyungie? Wake up please, it's breakfast time. You can stay here and sleep more but I need to get up and make food, okay?"

"Nooo, stay, please?" He shook his head sleepily, curling the end of his tail around your leg.

"Baby, Jungkook is hungry, and I was gonna eat too. Please let go or get up, okay?"

He whined but complied, letting you out of his hold and sitting up, rubbing his eyes. He stood up, turning you to face him before pulling you into his chest. You smiled, wrapping your arms around him in a hug. He liked being reminded that you loved him, who were you to deny him?

"I want a hug too!" You giggled at Jungkook's statement, pulling back to let Taehyung pick him up. You moved back in, wrapping an arm each around the little bunny hybrid and the dog hybrid. After a moment of hugging you broke away, turning on the lights and heading to the kitchen. The eggs and bacon sizzled in the pan and you held in a laugh when both hybrids came into the kitchen after you, eyes locked on the half-cooked food. You could see Jungkook's little nose twitching every so often, bunny side emerging.

You plated the food, handing one each to Jungkook and Taehyung and making one for yourself. You sat down at the table with them, bumping Taehyung's foot with your own every so often. Jungkook told you about his sleepover with Joy, or what they did before sleeping. He even showed you the drawings that he had done, proudly handing it to you to hang on the fridge. Your mail keys laid on the table and you caught sight of them, grabbing them and going to the mailbox.

You had a somewhat large amount of mail, but right away a blaringly obvious letter, 'URGENT' stamped on it caught your eye. Your stomach sank with every step you took back into the house to read it. You set the mail on the kitchen counter, tearing open the supposedly urgent letter to read it.

'Dear Ms. Y/L/N,

We have been informed by surrounding neighbors that you have not only one, but two hybrids currently residing with you. This is not acceptable. Our community has a strict No Hybrid policy, and your neighbors are getting uneasy about the hybrids in question. One other tenant has been evicted for the same reason, and your neighbors tell us that you associate with him. You have one week to  get all of your stuff together, and find somewhere else to live. If you were to get rid of the hybrids, you could continue residing here, but if nothing else changes, you have one week.

Sincerely, Mrs. Tucker.'

Your breath was tight in your throat, bile threatening to make an appearance along with your breakfast. You knew that some of the neighbors here weren't the kindest, but you'd never expect them to report you for this. There was no way that you were getting rid of Taehyung and Jungkook, you'd live on the streets with them if you had to. You supposed that selling the house would get you a fair amount of money, but you weren't sure if it would be enough to afford a new place. Your mind backtracked, thinking of the other person who'd been evicted as well. It had to be Yoongi, you didn't associate with anyone else that had a hybrid on your street. 

As if on cue, your doorbell rang and you rushed to the door. Yoongi stood behind it, clutching the same letter that you had in your hand.

"What are we going to do? I just moved in, why didn't they just not allow me to buy the place?"

"I don't know, I really don't. But I don't know what I'm going to do either, I'm just not leaving them."

"Of course, and I'm not leaving Hoseok. But I don't know what else to do. I don't really have enough money to buy a new place unless it's in a bad neighborhood, and I want to be assured that Hoseok is safe while I'm not there."

"I'm in the same situation, I just need somewhere cheap but nice to live."

"Y/N? What are you talking about? Hi Yoongi!" Jungkook tugged at your shirt, squeezing in front of you to wave at the man. He waved back, smile fake as you shooed Jungkook away.

"Go get dressed for the day, okay? Tell Taehyung to do the same." Jungkook nodded, running off to find his brother.

"Y/N? What's the legal limit on hybrids in one house?"

"It's different for every place but it's usually around ten for a residential area, why?"

"Well, we both almost have enough money to buy a nice place. And I was just thinking that maybe..."

"Were you thinking that we could live together? Rent out the same place?"

Yoongi nodded, "That's the only thing I've got."

"I think that might be our only option. I just don't want to break it to Jungkook and Taehyung."

But you didn't have to, because both were standing upstairs, heightened hearing having come in handy. They heard everything, and they both looked at each other in fear. What were you going to do?