Chapter Eighty-Eight - Bubbles

Go to wearbts.com and use code scoups to get 10% off! They also offer free shipping!

You smiled at BamBam, stroking a hand over his ears.

"Yes love, for real. Yugyeom is gonna adopt you, then you and Jackson will be brothers, and you haven't met him yet, but there's a baby kitty hybrid names Jinyoung, he'll also be your brother. he was in the kitchen doorway, I dunno if you saw him."

BamBam nodded tentatively, dipping his head down so that you could rinse his hair. You made sure to dry his ears quickly afterwards, you didn't want him getting an ear infection because the inside of his ears were wet. 

You moved on to conditioner, combing it through his hair and letting it sit. You scooped up a handful of bubbles, holding them up in front of BamBam and blowing them out of your hand. His eyes lit up and his hands came out of the water to try and grasp at the bubbles himself. He tried grabbing them in a fist, furrowing his brows when they all popped and his hand was full of nothing but light foam. 

"You have to be gentle with them, they pop. Just hold your hand out flat under the water, and then raise it above the water. They'll sit on your hand, just be gentle." The doberman hybrid heeded your warnings, carefully cupping bubbles in his little hands. He blew them out over the bath as well, giggling when some of them stuck to the wall. He reached out, popping them with outstretched fingers. 

You gently pulled him back to sit in his previous spot, rinsing the conditioner out of his hair and once again drying off his ears. You squirted a small amount of soap on a loofah, handing it to the doberman puppy and smiling gently at him.

"Okay, so I figured you'd want to wash yourself, I wouldn't want to overstep any boundaries. I'm gonna close the doors, because you can't really do it underwater. You have to stand up, but if you want my help at any point just tell me."

BamBam nodded and you slid the shower door closed, turning and smiling at Jackson. The pitbull puppy hybrid was slumped against Taehyung's chest, cheek smushed against the soft fabric of Taehyung's flannel shirt as he slept. 

"How did he fall asleep?"

"I dunno." Taehyung laughed, squeezing the boy tighter and rubbing his face into the boy's soft ears.

Yugyeom peeked his head into the door, Jinyoung held in his hands. The baby was getting fussy, little whines coming out of him while the bunny hybrid bounced him up and down, patting his back. The baby needed sleep, he wasn't used to this environment yet and it was showing.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's washing himself. I didn't wanna overstep any boundaries, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah sure." Yugyeom backed out into the hallway, letting you stand across from him.

"Are you really adopting BamBam?"

"Yes."

"Thank god, I didn't wanna disappoint him, Jackson let it slip and now BamBam is really excited. Just make sure that nothing happens between Jackson and BamBam, I think BamBam was in a fighting ring. He has a mark on his side that a bunch of dogfighting rings brand their hybrids with."

Yugyeom frowned at that, nodding nonetheless and laughing when he noticed Jackson sleeping.

"I can take him into the bedroom, thank you by the way, for setting up the bed. I really owe you so much Y/N, I'd have nothing if it weren't-"

"Yugyeom, don't thank me. You deserve this life, you deserve so much more, just because you weren't given it doesn't mean you don't deserve it." Your voice was stern but loving, as you smiled at him.

Yugyeom didn't quite know what to say, hugging you instead. He tried pulling back but Jinyoung was clinging to your sweater, rubbing his face in the soft fabric and whimpering. 

"I can put him to sleep if you want. BamBam should meet him anyways, go and relax."

Yugyeom thanked you and this time you accepted it, taking the baby from him and patting his back gently. He rubbed his eyes, beginning to cry. You shushed him, bouncing him up and down in your arms and pushing his head down to lay on your shoulder. His eyes drifted closed, little fingers curling gently around your shirt. You sat down in the bathroom again, whispering to ask BamBam if he was done with the loofah. He said yes, sliding open the shower door again to hand it back to you. You rinsed off the soap on all the parts of his body that were above water, knowing that it was already rinsed off of the submerged parts. 

You handed Jinyoung to Taehyung, holding your breath in anticipation in case the baby woke up. He didn't though, transferring perfectly. You grabbed a towel, letting BamBam step into it inside the shower so that he was covered completely. You wrapped him up, lifting him into your lap and rubbing his hair dry. 

He leaned his head into your hands and you felt his tail wag from within the blanket. You laughed, pulling him just a little bit closer and scratching his ears through the towel. He nearly fell asleep against your chest, eyes drooping and limbs relaxing as he slumped into your embrace. You cooed, lifting the little boy up and taking him into Yugyeom's bedroom. He was laying on the bed and he looked up at you upon your arrival.

"Does Jackson have any pajamas that he can share with BamBam? They should still fit, I just need some clothes for him and it's getting late, he's probably tired."

Yugyeom nodded, handing you a onesie. You laid the doberman hybrid on the bed, letting him use a clean pair of Jackson's underpants before you took over, sliding his arms through the sleeves and legs into the feet. You zipped it up, picking him up and holding him. He laid his head on your shoulder, hands coming to play with the fuzz on your sweater.

"BamBam? Honey, do you wanna sleep now? Yugyeom is here, remember, he's the one that's gonna adopt you. You can sleep right next to him, does that sound good?"

BamBam nodded, reaching for Yugyeom when the bunny hybrid held his arms out. BamBam snuggled up to Yugyeom, laying on his chest and letting his head rest in the bunny's neck. Yugyeom smiled, rubbing BamBam's back and making sure that he was completely asleep before whispering to you.

"I love him already."