Chapter Eighty-Seven - New Addition

The little hybrid sniffled, wiping snot off of his face with the back of his hand. You grabbed a box of tissues from the bathroom box, taking one and gently wiping his face off. 

"M-My name is BamBam. I'm a doberman hybrid, but I promise I'm not mean! Please don't hurt me." His ears were perfectly flat to his head, lower lip quivering and eyes overflowing with tears.

"Oh love, it's okay. We won't hurt you, look, he's a hybrid too! He's a bunny hybrid, look at hit bunny ears!" Yugyeom grabbed one of his long ears at your words, using the tip to tap BamBam's nose gently. The puppy hybrid reached slowly for the ear still in Yugyeom's hand, taking it gently in his hands and stroking the soft fur. 

BamBam looked up at Yugyeom, "My ears aren't as soft as yours. I wish they were. Your ears are really soft Mister."

Yugyeom laughed, reaching a hand up to rub one of BamBam's ears.

"Oh, your ears are very soft, but you know what? If you let us give you a bath, they'll be even softer. Would you do that for us?" BamBam thought for a moment, eventually nodding hesitantly. Yugyeom nudged the boy out of his lap and you held your arms out, gesturing for him to hold his arms up.

He did but cautiously, so you scooped him up gently and held him close to you. He laid his head on your shoulder, ears flopping over as his head was sideways. 

You took him to one of the bathrooms, grabbing the specialized hybrid shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and a towel from one of the boxes and taking them with you. You let him smell the shampoo, making sure that he liked the scent before it was all over him.

You sat on the toilet with the lid closed, turning on the bathwater and making it just a little bit warm. You knew that hybrids had higher developed senses and to him hot water would seem boiling. You poured bubble soap in the water so that he'd have something to play with and to distract him. BamBam seemed startled at the noise of the water pouring from the faucet so you hugged him closer to you, stroking over his grimy ears. 

Once the bathtub was about half full you shut off the faucet, taking BamBam and setting him on the floor.

"Okay BamBam, you're gonna have to take off your clothes, but if you don't want to do it in front of me, I'll close my eyes, and you can climb into the bath. The bubbles will cover you, so that I won't see anything."

"I-It's okay Miss. I don't think I can get into the bath by myself, I'm too little. I need help." BamBam's puppy eyes were automatic, he didn't even have to try.

"Okay love, would you like help getting those clothes off?"

He shook his head, quickly undressing and letting you lift him into the bathtub.

"How old are you BamBam? Do you know?"

"I'm four!" He held up four chubby fingers and you smiled.

"Wow! You're such a big boy, four years old!" BamBam smiled, proud of being so big and let you wet his hair and ears with the bathwater. Some of the water dripped down onto his face and into his eyes and the soap in it stung. He began to whine, rubbing at his eyes with his balled up fists. The soapy water on his hands only made it worse and tears began rolling down his face. 

"Oh oh, don't rub your eyes, you'll make it worse. I'm gonna get some clean water, and we'll rinse your eyes out, okay?"

BamBam nodded, sniffling as you ran the tap quickly with cold water. You took it in your cup, telling him to tip his head back. He did as you asked, letting the cold water flush the soap out of his eyes. 

Finally he was better, wiping his eyes dry with a clean washcloth that you handed him. He thanked you, letting you rub shampoo into his floppy black and brown ears. His little tail began wiggling under the water, creating little ripples under the surface. 

You laughed, focusing more on his little ears and almost putting him to sleep. You didn't actually hear Taehyung and Jackson come in, only noticed them when BamBam's eyes opened wide and he scooted to the other end of the bathtub, away from the door.

You turned, smiling at your fiancee and Jackson, letting Jackson sit on your lap and Taehyung sit beside the tub.

"BamBam, my love, they're nice, I promise. They're both dog hybrids, just like you. Jackson is around your age, he's a pitbull hybrid. And this is Taehyung, he's a Golden Retriever hybrid. Yugyeom, the bunny from earlier? The man who found you, Jackson is sorta like his son. 

BamBam turned around in the bathtub, finally inching back over towards you and watching the others with wide eyes. You supposed he'd been used in a dog fighting ring, he was pretty scratched up and he had a mark on his left side that a lot of dog fighters branded their hybrids with. It was only natural that he was wary of other dogs. 

Jackson looked up at you with big eyes, "Can I get in too! Yugyeom said we would keep him, I wanna play with him!"

You stroked Jackson's hair down and kissed his forehead.

"BamBam, would you be okay with Jackson getting in the bath with you? He won't hurt you, he wants to play with you. But if you don't want to play, that's okay. Tell me what you're comfortable with." BamBam only looked at Jackson suspiciously.

"I promise! I won't hurt you at all! But, if you don't want to, um, that's okay." Jackson looked saddened that his new brother didn't want to play with him. Taehyung held his arms out, reaching for the puppy who crawled into his arms and nudged his face into his chest. Taehyung scratched his ears, snuggling the boy until he was smiling again.

BamBam looked guilty that he had made Jackson sad but said nothing, letting you continue to shampoo his hair. 

"Miss?"

"Call me Y/N." You smiled down at the doberman puppy hybrid.

BamBam gestured for you to come closer to him, so you leaned into the bathtub, letting him whisper in your ear.

"Are they really keeping me? Am I gonna have a home? For real?"