Chapter Ninety-Three - Raid

Your phone vibrated on the nightstand at just shy of six in the morning, definitely too early for anyone to be calling you. You grumbled, rolling over and grabbing the device, haphazardly placing it over your ear.

"Hullo?"

"Y/N?"

Your brows furrowed and you sat up further in bed, "Chanyeol?"

"Yeah, hi!"

"Hey, uh, not to be rude, but, it's really, really early, what's going on?"

"We finally have enough hard evidence to raid the 'shelter' where Taehyung was taken captive, where he used to be before you saved him. We've had five witnesses and survivors come in and be willing to testify against them in a court case, so we're going to storm them today. We have to do it by surprise or it'll give them a chance to flee. Would you and Taehyung like to come?"

"Of course! Of course, when are you going?"

"I can pick you up in a half an hour."

"Okay! We'll be ready then, thank you so much Chanyeol!"

Taehyung had stirred when your phone had rung but he'd fallen back asleep. You cupped his cheek in your hand, rubbing your thumb over his cheekbone. He whined low in his throat, turning his head to rest in your palm. Your hand was trapped under his head and you cooed, using your other hand to scratch his ears. 

His eyes fluttered open and met with yours, a lovesick smile on his face as he looked at you. He grabbed your hand that was still partly under his cheek, nuzzling his nose into it and pressing a kiss to your palm. You broke out into a grin, taking his hand and tugging him to sit up. He groaned, falling straight into your lap and curling up, nose squished against your thigh.

"Taehyung! We have to get up and ready now, Chanyeol called, they have hard evidence against the people that kept you captive for so long, they're gonna go and arrest the owners, then free all the hybrids! Come on, you gotta get up, I know you're gonna wanna come, right?"

By now he was sitting on his own, his head cocked to the side and his ears flopped over due to that, "They're really gonna free them all?"

"Yeah! Come on, let's get dressed! We can eat something on the way."

He hastily stood, groping blindly in the closet and pulling out the first shirt and pants combo that he could find. He shoved his legs through the jeans, nearly tripping over his own feet as he rushed to get dressed. You laughed, grabbing your own set of clothes and changing quickly. He joined you in the downstairs bathroom ten minutes later, grabbing his brush and quickly getting the tangles out of his hair. You were just able to make a quick breakfast for the both of you before the police car pulled up outside, Chanyeol waving and smiling at you from the front seat.

You and Taehyung got settled in the back of the car, greeting Chanyeol.

"Hi! Thank you so much for letting us know, I'm glad we can help!"

"Of course, and we have plenty of backup, so we'll be safe."

You nodded, handing Taehyung his breakfast and digging into yours. You sent Jin a quick text, letting him know where you were so that he wasn't worried when he woke up. Before you knew it you were in the same dodgy, run-down part of town that you'd been in before, quickly locating the market that the 'shelter' was underneath.

"Down there. What are we gonna do?"

"I'll go in first. I'll bring backup, we'll arrest the owners, then you can come and help free the hybrids. Okay?"

You nodded, grabbing Taehyung's hand and squeezing it when Chanyeol left the car, locking the doors so that no one could get in, but you could still get out. You waited, hearing a few muffled shouts from below the market followed by a few loud bangs. You winced, hoping that no one had gotten hurt, especially not Chanyeol or his men.

You waited for only a moment more before Chanyeol appeared, dragging two cuffed men by his sides. They stumbled to the car, cursing and spitting at Chanyeol when he let you out, shoving them in the backseat and activating the prisoner locks. A few backup officers lead other men to their own squad cars, while Chanyeol lead you and Taehyung downstairs to the underground hybrid sex ring. 

You were each given a set of keys, one communal key fitting into all of the cell's locks, and you started on separate ends of the cages. The first one that you opened held a malnourished dog hybrid inside, one that could barely keep his eyes open for lack of energy. You knelt down beside him, introducing yourself in a low voice and offering to help him off the ground and out to the car.

"What's your name, huh?"

"Hongjoong." He slurred his words, head slumping forwards and eyes beginning to close.

"No! Please don't close your eyes, you have to stay awake, we just have to get you to the car. We have medics there, they can help, just keep your eyes open. Come on, I'll carry you out."

You scooped him up, making sure his head was secure as it slumped against your chest then jogged out to the ambulance that they'd brought with them.

"He's about to pass out, please help, I don't know what to do." You gently set Hongjoong on a stretcher, biting your lip in worry as the medics wheeled him into the back of the vehicle. You shook your head, remembering the rest of the hybrids and going back inside, swinging open the door to the next cage. It was a tiger hybrid, from the stripes on his ears and tail. He surveyed you with a weary gaze, curling up further into himself.

"Hello, I'm Y/N, I'm gonna help you get out of here, okay?"

"I can't trust you." His voice was gruff, you presumed from lack of use.

"What's your name?"

"Yeosang."