Chapter One-Hundred - More Than Was Bargained For

Y'all there's oNe-HuNdReD chapters of this book I cannot believe that you're here with me still, I can't express how amazingly thankful I am for you all, you've genuinely changed my life. I wish that I could say thank you personally, to each and every single one of you, but I can't, so please take this note in the book that I've written for you all as a symbol of my gratitude and eternal love for you all. Each and every one of you matter to me, so so much, and I just want to make sure that you never ever forget how much I love you all. <33 

I want to warn you all, this is a very graphic chapter, it deals with things that you might not all be comfortable to read. If it will bother you, please do not read, and message me, I will give you a cleaner, less triggering synopsis of the chapter so that you are caught up. 

--

Men, big strong men in black jackets yanked the back doors of their van open, slipping a shock collar around the neck of each hybrid inside. Taehyung felt hands grabbing at his shoulders, at his waist, at his feet but the gag in his mouth was too tight for him to scream words. Instead he wailed, a heartbreaking-bloodcurdling sound that the men quickly responded to by pressing a button on the collar around his neck. 

Immense pain filled him as the shock collar worked its magic, sending volts of electric current flowing through his veins as though it were his blood. He went limp at the shock and the men were able to haul him inside easier. 

The kids were no trouble. Each only needed one or two people to hold them down. The cat needed just one, weak little thing that she was, one man took her wrists, then her ankles, and she fell limp out of fear. The rabbit was slightly more of a problem, strong thigh muscles coming to kick as hard as they could at the men. But they bound his ankles with a tie, tugging the knot tighter each time he squirmed so that he was taught to be obedient. 

The hybrids were thrown into a foul-smelling room, walls lined and stacked with cages full of other hybrids just like them. The three of them were all in different cages, each of the children on either side of Taehyung, who was locked in the middle. Their blindfolds were removed, along with their wrist and ankle ties. Their gags were torn away from their mouths, but they all knew that they needed to stay silent or else the fabric would be shoved back down their throats.

Tears brimmed in each of their eyes, spilling messily down their cheeks and dripping down through the cages below them. The hybrids cages were a simple grid design, so the ones stacked in columns had access to the hybrids above and below them from the small square holes in the metal. Joy choked on a sob, tiny little hands coming up to cover her mouth, and the hybrid below her, a leopard , judging from the pattern on his ears, reached a few fingers through the bars to hold her hand. Taehyung thanked him with a glance, now able to focus on Jungkook who was kneeling by the wall of metal grates separating his cage and Taehyung's, eyes wide and full of tears.

Taehyung scooted to the side of his cage, sticking his hand, or as much of it as he could fit through the bars, across and into Jungkook's cage. Jungkook gripped Taehyung's hand as tight as he could with his little tiny hands, shaking with terror as the door slammed open once more to reveal a tall figure, a woman with a dark pink blouse on over black dress pants. 

"Men, I've just been notified that they're on the move. If we can get them, that means we'll have more hybrids, and keep possibly the only people that will ever figure us out hostage. I'm sending you all out to get them, licence plate number is programmed into the cars and they'll reroute you to where they are. Find out where they're going, I'm sure there's more of them.

--

You were a good driver. The tears had been wiped from your eyes, your head was mostly clear, and you were not  going to jeopardize your one chance at safety. You drove the speed limit, though you cut through side streets not wanting to risk getting trapped on the freeway. The silence in the car could have been cut with a knife, only making you more anxious as you drove.

One moment the car was moving fine, both of your hands were on the wheel and everything was steady and controlled. Then the next, two cars came and pinned you in between them, quickly jerking to the side and crushing your car.

The screams that came from inside your car could have been heard for miles around. Your head flew forwards, knocking painfully against the steering wheel and splitting open. Namjoon, who had sat beside you, had felt his entire body propel painfully forwards despite the restraint of the seatbelt, which cut harshly into his skin before the airbags ejected and nearly suffocated you all. 

Yoongi was shaking, his hands absolutely dripping in blood, all of which he hoped was his and not Hoseok's, He knew that his arm had gone through the window, he knew that it was bloody and probably broken, but he also knew that Hoseok was limp against the seatbelt, and his head was lulling dully against Yoongi's shoulder, blood trickling from the side of his mouth. 

Seokjin had felt his leg sharply break, saw that the bone was sickeningly poking out from his skin and blood was pooling in the floor of the car. His head was spinning and he was barely conscious enough to look beside him at Jimin, the poor puppy's mouth wide open as he screamed at the top of his lungs. Seokjin took Jimin's hand, noting that the boy's elbow was bent backwards painfully, and intertwined their fingers.

Jimin used all of his energy to turn his head to the side, screams only growing louder in intensity as he watched the life bleed out of Seokjin. He lunged forwards, head burrowed into Seokjin's chest as he wailed, hearing Seokjin's gentle whispers and feeling his hand comb through Jimin's matted hair, movements becoming slower by the second until they stopped altogether, Seokjin falling completely limp as his head slumped lifelessly onto Jimin's own.