Chapter Forty-Six - First Mistake

Your first mistake had been letting Taehyung, Jimin, and Jackson run ahead on your way home from the park. Being dog hybrids, their energy seemed endless, and you gave into their pleading to let them jog a few steps ahead of you. But when they turned a corner, screams were heard, and only two out of the three came back, tails drooping and eyes wide with fear, your heart stopped.

"Where's Taehyung?!"

"He... Y/N, I couldn't stop them, I'm so sorry! I really tried, please don't hate me, please, I promise I tried!" As much as you wanted to console Jimin, who's head was lowered and who's shoulders were shaking as he envisioned a life without your friendship, you needed to figure out what had happened.

"Jimin, where did he go? Who were 'they', what do you mean?"

"I- they," He hiccuped frequently, tears streaming down his now rosy cheeks. Seokjin rushed over, pulling his hybrid into his arms and rubbing his back.

"Calm down please Jiminie. We need to know what happened, where did Taehyung go? We're not angry with you, we just need to know what happened." The hybrid however, was too consumed by his sobs and was unable to respond.

You turned to Jackson, who also had sticky tear tracks making their way down his little cheeks. You crouched down, wiping them off and shushing him when he sniffled and leaned into your touch on his face.

"Y/N, it was so scary! These big men came and took him, I don't know who they were but I think Taehyung did, because a few seconds before they appeared, he smelled something and started growling, he looked so scared! And we couldn't do anything, they grabbed him and stuffed a big metal cage on his face, right over his mouth, a-a-and they threw him into their car an-d they just drove off!" His words were interrupted by gasps here and there as he tried to hold in his cries and you shushed him, taking him into your arms and standing back up. He flopped his head down onto your shoulder, crying into your neck and you ran your nails over his back, trying to comfort him even though your heart was broken beyond repair.

You passed him off to Seokjin who fumbled a bit with the two puppies in his grasp, supporting them with each other as he watched you with furrowed brows.

"What are you doing?"

"I have to find him."

"What?! Y/N, no! Are you insane? They said they were 'big men,' and that they muzzled him! Do you know what they could do to you if they found you? You gotta stay safe, you can't-"

"I don't care what they do to me. If Taehyung isn't safe, then I don't want to be either. There's no way I'm letting my best friend, my boyfriend, the person I love beyond what I thought was capable in this world, get snatched out from under me. I'm getting him back. What if it had happened to Jimin? You'd go after him too, you know. You know I'm right."

Seokjin sighed as he regarded you, "I'd go after them, but we need to do this rationally. You barely know anything that happened, you only got an account of one half of the witnesses, and the probably five year old witness at that. Jimin might have more information, and I'm sure the police will be able to take over the case, after all, he's legally yours and whoever they were, they stole him from you. I'm just asking you to think logically Y/N, we can't lost you too."

A tug at the fabric of your pants tore your attention away from your best friend. You were met with the eyes of your bunny hybrid, shining with tears.

"Y/N, where did TaeTae go? Is he coming back? Is he okay? Who took him, why did they take him? When is he coming back, I miss him already!" You hoisted the bunny onto your hip, ignoring the onslaught of questions and focusing on the important ones.

"I don't know who took him, but we're going to find him, and he's going to be okay. I won't let them hurt him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was three blocks down the street from where your group stood that the van was driving, a man sitting in the back with Taehyung as the poor hybrid rolled around. He wasn't restrained at all, unlike the man who had a seatbelt. The muzzle on his nose dug into his flesh and he wanted to claw it off, if it weren't for his hands tied behind his back. He couldn't open his mouth, the only thing he could do was make whimpering noises. The man next to him clearly didn't like that, seeing as he threw a sharp kick to the side of Taehyung's head each time a noise would slip out of him

"Quiet mutt, you're back with us now. I don't know what crap she taught you, but if we have to train you again, if we have to go back to square one, we'll torture her too. It's in your best interest to be on your best behavior, or else she gets it."

Tears were already streaming down Taehyung's face, he hated the thought of you being taken by the people who he had lived with for so long. The people who had used him, the people who had taken advantage of him, the people who had beaten him and tortured him. He wished he was still back in your arms, or sitting with you in his lap on the couch, but if it meant you were safe, he'd do anything.