06

We only see each other at Weddings and Funerals

Winnie stared at herself in the mirror. Her room hadn't changed in so many years, and standing back in it was beyond nostalgic.

Her walls were still splattered with paint and pictures. Her bed was still a girlish pink and filled with teddy bears. Her art works were still... strange.

Honestly she didn't know why she had painted a purple horse-monkey hybrid, but there it hung; right above her desk. She probably was going through a phase.

That or it was because of Klaus. He used to have the most unfortunate dreams and wanted her to paint them. Anything to help her brother, she supposed.

Everyone had settled into a sad atmosphere. The accusation of Winnie stilling hanging over everyones heads.

Suddenly a funky beat was heard through her walls. Her eyes lit up in glee as she immediately recognized the song. It washed away anything negative.

"Children behaave!"

Winnie giggled to herself and put both hands besides her face. The song brought back some gleefully memories and she tried not to squeal from giddiness.

"Oh Luther, you big sap." Winnie giggled.

"No Im telling you! This is our song!" Small Klaus insisted.

It was another midnight excursion of the Hargreeves children. All of them adorned in thrown-together outfits and sleep deprived grins.

They had journeyed to the neighborhood music store when Allison suggested that they all try to find their own record. Kind of like a scavenger hunt.

Things spiraled out of control when Winnie indiscreetly handed Ben an album called "I want your sex."

This prompted Five to make the family friendly decision that they only try to find one record to fit them all.

Now they were all stuffed into the biggest listening booth they could find to listen to their top picks. It was Klaus's turn to go.

"Take on meeeee!" The record player wheezed.

Winnie was hopped up on the seats and was rocking out to the hit. Klaus was still busy trying to convince the others that it was the best.

"Guys listen its going to be a classic in a few years!" Klaus said.

"Its not classical?" Vanya called from the back.

"Its weird." Luther told him.

"Yeah.. I still think we should go with Madonna." Ben agreed. He held his album close to his chest, as though he were protecting it from abuse.

"Bon Jovi- Bed of Roses!" Winnie interrupted boisterously. She hopped off the seats and plonked down into the middle of her siblings.

Diego laughed at her but continued to fight with Klaus over his choice.

"And why would that be a song for our family?" Five asked knowingly.

He hooked his arm around the girls throat and pulled her back from the center of the group. A dopey grin settled on her face as she looked up at him.

"Because you know I would lay you down on a bed of roses." Winnie said with a sly smirk.

Five rolled his eyes at the girl and slapped his hand over her mouth. He gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek to make his next words seem less harsh.