07

We only see each other at Weddings and Funerals

It took almost a hour for Winnie to come around. When she did, she was back upstairs in her room- tucked under her covers like a child.

The blonde groaned aloud as she thought back to why she was in her bed.

She wasn't stupid enough to believe it was all a dream. Her sweet siblings just popped her back upstairs after she what happened. Oh she remembered what happened.

She fainted because of Five. A thought that made her want to faint all over again.

Five was back. Five was alive and back. Five was healthy and alive and back. Oh god. Oh god.

Her five. Her five. Was it... still her Five though?

The young girl sat up and pressed the heels of her palms into her eyes. She was getting tired again with everything going on. She never did handle stress well.

But now that her long lost love was healthy, alive, and back- she supposed she'd have to learn how to handle it.

A knock sounded at her door. She didn't even need to look up from her hands to know who it was. She knew the knock.

1, 1, 2, 3, 5.

The Fibonacci sequence. A mathematical equation for perceived perfection. A sequence only two Hargreeves children knew by heart.

The mathematician and the artist. Winnie and Five. A match made in the bottom ring of hell.

"Hello." Winnie mustered out. She finally picked her eyes to look at the boy she missed so terribly every single day.

He wasn't hers anymore though. He wasn't the one that left her. Not anymore. She could tell.

"Hi Winnie." Five said for the first time in 41 years.

He wasn't the same. He wasn't. She knew this. Its been 16 years for her- someone just doesn't stay the same that many years.

She knew this, but the picture in front of her was too intoxicating. He was back, for gods sake.

His body was still slung in an oversized suit as he leaned against her door frame. A marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich was held in his left hand and his right was stuffed casually in his pocket.

"Hi Winnie." The old Five greeted.

His mouth was filled with that stupid sandwich, but he still managed his signature coy smirk. He had one hand on the rest of his sandwich, and the other was awkwardly placed into his uniform pocket.

Five was having trouble being comfortable in his growing body. He got tall too fast, now towering over Winnie, and didn't know what to do with himself.

"Hullo Love." Winnie said and pecked his cheek in greeting.

The boy in turn, took out his hand and pulled Winnie into a hug. She beamed up at him and he suddenly felt like a million dollars.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"To paint a phallic image across the entirety of the roof while you stargaze?" Winnie asked and pretended to think.

Five pinched her side and she bubbled out a laugh. He couldn't help the smile that forced its way onto his lips when he looked down at this display.

God did he love her.

"Yes Im ready you goof. And I see you've gotten a head start on the snacks." Winnie teased referring to the sandwich in his other hand.