26

Man on the Moon

It was the unmistakable night of Halloween. The sky was a drunken purple, and the streets were lit with spooky pumpkins and warm yellow lanterns. Small children ran around in bright clothing and masks, begging for handfuls of candy and giggling among themselves.

The Hargreeves teenagers were excitingly getting ready to accompany them. Reginald was away that week, leaving the teens in Pogos care and allowing the teens to enjoy the one night of festivities.

(Well... they say 'allow' when really Reginald just didn't specifically say they couldn't.)

"Get back here!" Came a joy-filled cry from within the house.

"Never!" Was the laughing response.

A teenage Klaus whipped around the corner, decked out in a very elaborate Ray Stanz- Ghostbuster jumpsuit, complete with the plastic gun. His face was red from laughing as he ran.

Winnie was just ahead of him, hitching up the hem of her cream-colored toga as she sprinted past. Her eyes were alight with glee and she took a few seconds to glance back at her pursuer.

She had just turned her head when she rammed full force into another body. She went down with a yelp, and tumbled to the side.

"I dare say!" Ben hollered in a faux-british voice, not once breaking character as he sprawled across the hallway floor.

"Sorry Sherlock." Winnie apologized with a happy giggle before picking herself up and jumping over the trench-coated boy.

Klaus was still hot on her heals, after all.

Winnie continued down the hall and pushed past Luther and Allison, who were dressed as- you guessed it- Superman and Lois Lane. Winnie almost tripped over Vanya as well, who trailed just behind them and was dressed as Jean Grey.

To make up for lost ground, Winnie decided to dive into the first open room she saw and slam the door shut, locking it. Klaus ran right into it with an animated thump! He cried out and banged on the door some.

"Why am I not surprised?"

The bemused voice came from the back of the room and Winnie recognized it instantly. With a wily grin, Winnie turned.

"Hello my love. Still getting ready?" Winnie asked and swaggered over to her boy.

Five stood in front of his desk, dressed dashingly in a red undershirt, white plaid collared shirt, and a pair of jeans. He was currently rolling his sleeves to his elbows, while a jean jacket with a bright orange vest was slung over his chair.

Five had decided to dress as Marty McFly, ironically because of his piqued interest in time travel.

"Final touches." Five said, looking back down at his sleeves, "And you?"

Winnie slipped herself into the narrow gap between Five and the desk, hitching her Togo above her thighs to sit down. She gently took the sleeves from Five and began to roll them professionally.

"I was running from a ghostbuster." Winnie confessed. Five raised an eyebrow and allowed Winnie to take charge, resting his now unoccupied hands on her hips.

"Were you deserving of the chase?" Five asked.

He dipped his head down to watch her work. Five had become hyper aware of everything she was doing in that moment. Especially with how beautiful she looked.