Chapter Seven

Darkness.

Ordinarily, that word means something bad. Something dim or difficult. For example, you might say that 'the cave was painted with darkness'. And that would be followed by a few chapters of challenges that the protagonist would have to face, in darkness.

It is rare for the world 'darkness' to be used in a good situation. For me, in that closet, the darkness was a good thing. It meant that I could avoid seeing the look of dread on Dylan's face, and he could avoid seeing the look of annoyance on mine. In this situation, the darkness was a brilliant thing, perhaps a privilege.

The perfect darkness was ruined by the blinding light of Dylan's phone screen. Back on it again. I couldn't take it any more, and as he buried his face back in his phone screen I reached forward and took his phone out of his hands. He let out a string of curses and questions, I turned on the flashlight on his phone for light but turned the screen off and put it face down.

"Y/N! Give me my phone back, what the hell?" He said.

"No. We're going to talk, face to face. And not while you have your face buried in that." I told him.

He sighed and rubbed his face in frustration, closing his eyes.

"Y/N, please, I need it." He said with his eyes still closed.

"What? Are you addicted to it or something? It really wouldn't suprise me. What are you doing on it that's so important?" I questioned him, annoyed at his ignorance.

"I.. uh.. I'm messaging Kenzie." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

"Still? You've been texting her for hours! Why don't you just go and see her?!" I raised my voice, certain that the others were listening in.

Dylan sighed and opened his eyes again, leaning his head against the wall. "She's broken up with me.."

I didn't know how to react. I just looked at him. I didn't know how I felt. A part of me had just gotten.. lighter? But I felt bad for him and on top of all that, I was still confused.

"Why are you still texting her, then?" I asked, not as loud this time.

"I'm trying to get back together with her, she doesn't want to though" He said quietly, I asked him why they had broken up.

"She has stuff going on right now, she didn't want to drag me into her bullshit apparently..."

I stayed quiet for a few moments, looking at the light from Dylan's flashlight reflecting off a small mirror.

"She was just doing what she thought was best for you.. clearly..." I told him. Damn, I felt bad for Kenzie now. Bloody hell, why am I so sensitive?

Dylan sighed again and nodded a bit, "I don't know how I'm going to get over her..."

"You will, trust me. You'll find someone who makes you even happier." I assured him and he shrugged.

In the distance I could hear Wyatt shouting because the time had run out. I stood up and left the closet, Dylan following shortly after me. I sat down in-between Louis and Hayden. I mentally face palmed when I realised I had sat by Hayden. He smiled at me and I forced a smile back.

We all just sort of gossiped for a while before Lilia and Asher wanted to leave and go to the café together. Noah decided to gatecrash their date so he went along with them.

It left Wyatt, Louis, Dylan, Hayden and I. Louis tapped Dylan on the shoulder and whispered something into his ear, Dylan nodded and sighed before leaving the room with him.

Wyatt, Hayden and I were left. Turns out Wyatt and I both play Zelda, so we talked about that for a while before he left to go back home. The minute Wyatt left the room, my heart started racing.

I was in a room. Alone. With Hayden. I tapped my nails on the floor as Hayden nervously smiled at me.

Does he ever stop smiling? I mean, it's cute and all but-

"Soooo, the new movie seems fun, right?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, seems really cool. I like my character."

"Yeah, I like mine. I wish I was my character in real life, to have such a pretty girl as my love interest..." He blushed a bit, looking down.

Ughhgugjgfjrjfhdjjd-

Kill me. Does anyone have a poison dart? Anyone? No? Okay. Leave me to struggle then.

"Mhm" Was all I could come up with.

Hayden moved closer to me and I felt myself right the urge to move away.

"You're really pretty, Y/N." He said, smiling.

I forced a smile back, unsure of what to do. He took my by suprise as he leaned in and kissed me. My eyes widened.

Dylan's POV

Louis wanted to talk to me, he had guessed that something was up. He's a good friend. So I told him about Kenzie and he gave me loads of advice. He suggested to get a new girl, not to fall in love with, but to take my mind off Kenzie. Pretty good idea. I was going to sit in the park but I forgot my headphones so I quickly got in the elevator to go up to my room.

I opened the door and uGhHGhH, I saw Hayden kissing Y/N!

My Y/N!! Uh, I mean...

***************************

Oof, tea. Two updates in a day! That's a suprise for me. Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote and all that jazz *dabs*