Chapter Sixteen

The doctors rushed in, I moved my hand away from my mouth which was covered in more blood. The doctors checked the machines and touched my arms and chest. They shared a nervous glance and looked at Dylan, his hands trembling as he stood about a foot away from the bed with tears in his eyes.

What was wrong with me? God, it better not be serious. I mean, I know I was coughing up blood but still. There must have just been a chance that it wasn't too bad, right?

"How do we contact her parents?" The doctor asked Dylan.

"H-her parents are in Vancouver, she's here for a film. You must know her, Y-Y/N Wolfhard?.." Dylan stuttered.

The doctors nodded, leaving the room with Dylan to call my parents. It left me alone, in the room, with blood on my hands.

Literally. Not just the metaphor.

I instinctively grabbed my phone from the bedsore table, hitting up Google to find out what could be wrong. I typed in the symptoms, looking at the possible outcomes. Shit. I could only hope that it wasn't any of those.

Dylan walked in, smiling slightly. I looked up at him from the hospital bed, wishing that nothing like this had ever happened.

"Did you call them?" I asked.

"Yeah, they're busy though so they can't come and see you... Sorry." He told me.

Wow. Suprise, suprise.

"It's alright..", I mumbled. Dylan sat in the chair beside my bed, taking my hand. We shared a smile before the doctors walked in again. They told me that they needed to check something and poked around at my ribcage. I sat there looking at Dylan awkwardly until there was a sharp pain.

"Ow!!!" I yelped. The doctors looked at eachother in confirmation and nodded.

Fuck. Was it serious? Was it going to be like that episode in the good doctor? No, no and dEfIniTlEy not. Steve Murphy deserved better and Evan Gallico deserved better👏 Anyway.

"No need to worry, you appear to have a fractured rib. It's bent at a crooked angle which made your lungs force up blood." The doctor said.

Well thank Mary, Jesus and Joseph for that.

"Will I be okay?" I asked.

"Yes. We only need to reposition the rib in theatre and then it'll heal itself."

I nodded, glancing at Dylan. He looked at me, nervous. The doctors started to wheel the bed out of the room. I was going to be okay.

Dylan's POV
I watched the doctors leave the room with her, the hospital room seeming empty without her. As soon as the door shut, the tears fell. My teared poured down my face and I couldn't control them. I buried my face in my hands and rocked back and forth in the chair. Why did this happen to her?! She didn't deserve this!! It was just a fractured rib, I know. Nothing serious, but still! How dare that guy even think about laying a hand on her!

My angry thoughts were interrupted by a notification. It wasn't from my phone though.   Y/N's phone screen lit up from the bedside table. I glanced around the room, as if I was scared someone was looking. Nobody was, the room was empty. Is it bad to snoop through someone's phone? I mean, I wasn't spying on her, I was just checking to see who had messaged her. It might be important.

I picked up her phone and unlocked it, she didn't have a password. I looked at the top of her screen, it was an Instagram notification. At that moment I calmed down a bit, probably just from some fan or someone checking to see if she was okay. I scrolled down from the top of the screen to see what it said.

Instagram
(y/nwolfhardofficial) kenzie.breslaw: hey I hea...

Kenzie? What was she doing messaging Y/N? Once again I glanced around the room before opening the whole conversation between them. Woah...

I read through their messages. Y/N had messaged her first, to ask about... Me? I felt.. I don't know. She could have just asked me about.. whatever it was...

I read Kenzie's new message to her.

'hey I heard what happened, how are you doing? I know we were meant to meet up today but obviously we can't now aha. Maybe I could come and see you another time, I can tell you anything you need to know x'

My chest tightened up. She was going to meet my ex-girlfriend, without telling me? My breathing hitched and I turned the phone off, putting it down as my hands started shaking. My vision blurred and the quiet sounds around me became water-like. Fuck, another panic attack. Stay calm, deep breaths. It wasn't working! It normally worked! I sat back in the chair, hands over my face and curled up in a ball, as I felt all the danger in the world close in around me.

************************************************
Well uhm, yeah. Vote and comment?♡