Chapter Fifteen

Ringling filled my ears and pain erupted through my lower back. The pain continued to throb as I screamed into the wet grass, face jammed into the dirt. I zoned out, unable to move. Maybe I could have moved, but didn't want to. The dark was nice and the pain faded as my mind slipped away.

"Y/N!!!" A voice called out, snapping me back to reality. The pain came back, agonising. I heard shouts, my name, punches and groans.

"Oh shit!" The voice said as I felt a presence next to me, kneeling by my side. I felt something press over my back and I was able to move my head to the side, so I did.

Noah looked down at me with worry, holding his hoodie over my back. A crowd had gathered around in a circle, snapping photos on their phones. They must have heard my screams, or Noah's. Maybe they had just followed Noah or me...

All I could think about was the roaring pain in my lower back, feeling something warm and damp coming from the painful area and flowing into Noah's hoodie. I sobbed onto the grass, Noah trying his best to comfort me.

I wanted Finn. I wanted him to hold me like he used to when I was a kid. I wanted Dylan, to peck my lips and whisper comforting words into my ear. I wanted my parents, to cause a fuss and find the person who caused this. Punish them.

The sound of sirens were apparent to me, over the sound of my sobs and Noah's questions of worry. The next thing I knew, was a slight prick in my upper arm and then I completely blacked out.

As I was asleep, there was no pain. It was peaceful, I wasn't aware of anything. I couldn't even hear my own breathing, nothing affected me.

My deep breaths came back, slowly becoming apparent. Followed by beeps from...

Hospital machines. I tried to open my eyes, it being a chore to get them open. Light peered through my eyelashes, the world fuzzy. Things gently came into focus, my eyes scanning the room and immediately coming into contact with Dylan's.

"Oh thank god!" Dylan smiled and his eyes filled with relief and pure joy out of seeing me. I forced a smile and tried to sit up, my attempt being foiled by Dylan gently pushing me back down.

"No, no, no. Stay still, we don't want you to burst your stitches." He told me as he took my hand into mine.

Stitches? I was that hurt?

"S-Stitches? For w-what?..." I asked, scared to find out.

Dylan sighed, looking out the window. A slight angry expression on his face.

"That asshole completely ripped your back to shreds. The doctors where suprised that you hadn't bled to death yet. They say that you're a fighter..." Dylan said as he turned back to me, softening up again.

I smiled a little, but then remembered the cameras flashing around me as I layed on the floor, screaming into the grass.

"Is it in the news?" I asked him.

"All over the news. Lots of footage... And over social media." Dylan told me, I sighed and pointed at his phone.

"C-can I see?..." I stumbled over my words.

Dylan raised an eyebrow, "You want to watch a video of you screaming and crying and covered in blood?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

I mean, I guess it was weird that I wanted too. But I did. Dylan turned his phone on and he took a few seconds to find a video. He turns his phone towards me, so I could see.

It started from just after I had been pushed into the ground, the guy, dressed in black, started to hit me with a rope. The rope had bits of nails and stuff tied to it. I cringed as I watched myself scream and cry. Noah ran into the shot and wow. He totally punched the guy. The hooded figure tried to swing the rope at Noah but was put off as he saw a crowd form. The guy ran off and Noah crouched down beside me.

The video ended there and I nodded, sighing. I was so grateful that Noah had been there. The reporter in the video started to talk and I kept watching. A notification at the top of the screen distracted me.

Instagram
(dylan.kingwell): milliebobbybrown: Hey boo, is she o...

The notification disappeared and I looked at where it had been.

Boo? Fuck, Dylan and I were dating and didn't even call eachother that. Unless he was...

"Hey, Dyl? This girl messaged you. Sophia?" I told him, trying to sound casual.

His face drew together in worry, quickly turning his phone off and shoving it into his pocket.

"I uh-"

I suddenly felt sick, putting a hand to my mouth as I retched. I pulled my hand away and saw my hand covered in

Blood.

Dylan cried out in panic as another wave of coughs erupted from me.

"Doctor?!! We need a Doctor!!!"

*************************************
Lots of tea👊 I wrote this in class because maths is boring. Remember to comment what you think and what you'd like to see, and vote!