Chapter Twenty-One

Later on, Jack and I were sitting in my hotel room. I was in a mood because of Dylan and his awkwardness as we were in Hayden's room earlier on. It was ridiculous! Right? Noah's plan to bring him in to talk to me was a good one, did it work? No. Apparently not. I was laying on my bed, looking at the ceiling. The odd patterns were making me think about some old things, like the patterns on the park wall bracket when Finn and I were younger. Damn those were good times, simpler times as well. Much simpler times.

Jack was flicking through his phone, sighing. He was looking at the videos that we're still all over Instagram. It hurt to watch those videos, they really brought back memories. As I was thinking about asking Jack to get me poptarts, my phone bleeped.

*Bleep bleep*
Matthew Martinez: Hope you're feeling better, we'd like to see you at the cast meeting later. Many thanks.

My mind went blank for a moment, one of those brainfarts. Matthew Martinez? Then I remembered that it was the director, so I calmed down. I figured I wouldn't bother replying but I did figure that I'd ask Jack to get me Poptarts.

"Oh my life, you are sooo greedy Y/N. But fine." Jack rolled his eyes as he left the room to get me my Poptarts.

Good boy, Jack.

I rolled off the bed, being careful not to hurt my back which was still quite sore. I sat on a stool by the television in my room and flicked through my channels. My thoughts drifted to Dylan.

He was being rude, right? It's not just me feeling bad. He really was, wasn't he? I understood that I had hurt him and I accepted that he'd need time to get over it but this was ridiculous! It had been weeks, since he found out! It wasn't even that bad of a thing, either! I was really starting to get annoyed at him, I wanted him back. I wanted forgiveness. Redemption.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and clicked on Dylan's contact. I saw his profile photo, I remember taking it not long after we'd met. His eyes seek d to be glowing. Despite this, I felt a sense of dissatisfaction. His eyes didn't seem to be as bright as I thought they were.

I sighed and clicked on a button to text him. My fingertips slowly tapped away at the keys untill I formed a message.

"Hey, I'm sorry Noah dragged you into Hayden's room earlier. I miss talking to you and I think we should sort things out."

Yeah that seemed okay, only thing was, I was lying about the whole 'sorry' thing. I wasn't sorry.

I sent the message but something didn't seem right, I clicked to send another message and types it out.

"I love you."

I stared at the text message, should I have sent it? I questioned whether or not it would help at all. My thumb hovered over the send button as I contemplated sending it. I was about to send when Jack walked into the room holding my Poptarts. I un-typed the message and turned my phone off.

"Sorry, they only had strawberry ones" he said as he closed the door and sat down next to me, "What you doing?"

"Oh, I was just texting... Dylan." I replied.

"Ah, okay. Did you text him what I told you to text him?" He asked. I nodded and showed him the text. Jack was satisfied with it.

"Well you know what you have to do now. We planned it, right?" He questioned. I nodded in response and looked at the television, half-watching it.

I heard a knock at the door and I called for them to come in. The door creaked open and I saw Noah's face from the gap in the door.

"Hey Y/N, I was just checking if you got the text from Matthew." He asked.

"Yeah, I got it, thanks Noah." I smiled at him softly. He closed the door and left, specks of peach-rose on his cheeks. Jack raised an eyebrow as Noah left and then looked back at me.

My phone bleeped, I already knew it was Dylan replying. I took a deep breath and opened the text message. Jack hovered over my shoulder to see.

"I guess. We can talk at the meeting later."

I sighed and nodded at the text. I heard Jack sigh, I turned and looked at him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"It's all good that he's talking to you again but
Are you sure it's worth fighting so hard for this?"

*************************************************
Nice question, Jack. What do you think?

Is Dylan being unreasonable? I want to know what you think so I know how to portray the character.

Vote and comment! Thank you guys for continuing to read my cringey book!💞