Chapter Twenty-Six

Y/N's POV

Today was the day, the day I had to kiss Hayden. All for acting though, of course. I stood in the mirror, brushing my teeth and I dried my hair. Something was playing on my mind though, I was wondering why Dylan didn't get all jealous when he found out about the fact I had to kiss Hayden.

At first I just thought that he was keeping it cool, to not start drama or get anyone in trouble. But my tired mins played with me, and sooner or later I was thinking about him leaving me for someone else. I need to get more sleep.

Dylan wouldn't do that, I used to think that he would, but I know he wouldn't now. After everything that had happened, I wasn't going to question it further. I sat on my bed, pulling on my shoes when I remembered something.

The text.

When I was in the hospital and Dylan was showing me the video of the guy beating me with the rope. The text that flashed up at the top of the screen. From Millie Bobby Brown!

What was it that she started the text with? Hey Bubba? Hey Boo? I couldn't remember exactly but I knew that it wasn't something you called a friend. My heart started racing as I wondered what was going on between them. He probably called it off, right?

Why hasn't I thought about this before now? It was weeks ago that I saw that text. I had completely forgotten about it. I guess the guilt of texting Kenzie and the stress of trying to win Dylan back out priority out of the way.

Maybe I cou-

A knock at the door, I stood up and walked over to the door, opening it. It was Hayden, smiling at me when I answered.

"Hey Y/N, ready to get smooching?" He said with a laugh, he was joking, not being creepy. Which is surprising-

I giggled in response, "As always."

He smiled a bit and threw me a pack of gum, starting to walk away, but he turned and waved a bit before leaving my view completely. Hayden had definitley improved since I first met him, he was so much nicer now and kind of, well, charming? It's probably not the right word to use but, it almost fits.

I grabbed my bag before leaving my room and walking down the hall and outside where my Uber was waiting. I got in.

*Time Skip brought to you by my failing career as a fanfiction writer-*

I got out of the Uber and walked into the studio, ignoring the flashing lights of the paparazzi. I was immediately greeted by Noah who, being my bestie, grabbed my hand and walked me to the set.

"You okay?" Noah asked as he noticed me glancing around a bit, looking for competition that wasn't there. I was okay, really. I was just nervous, for some reason. I mean, it was just Hayden I was kissing.

Just Hayden.

And I'd kissed him before, so this time wasn't much different. Perhaps this time I was nervous for Dylan's reaction. Yeah, I guess that was it.

I nodded quickly at Noah and then downed the pack of tic-tacs Hayden threw at me that morning. We arrived at the set and there were crew members walking around, all very busy as usual. I had a while to go before we had to shoot my scene- Matthew said it was because of something to do with a camera smashing, a basketball and Noah.

So I went and sat in the greenroom with Lilia and Asher, because Noah was getting told off. Lilia and Asher are actually pretty cute together, don't @ me. Anyways, I talked to Lilia about girl things while Asher sat there on his phone, leaning on Lilia's shoulder.

I poked Asher in the eye and he sat up straight, groaning.

"What was that forr?" He asked. I shrugged, it was no particular reason. Lilia giggled and then the door swung open. Hayden had arrived.

"Dude what took you so long? You left before me." I asked him, laughing softly as I spoke. He waved his Starbucks coffee in my face as an answer, chuckling. I nodded and watched him sit back down. I left Asher and Lilia be all 'coupley' and sat next to Hayden.

"Oh great, so I get to taste the cheapest drink on the Starbucks menu, what a wonderful kiss that'll be." I joked, smirking a tiny bit. He chuckled.

"Well for starters, it's not meant to be wonderful- you have a boyfriend. And second of all, this wasn't the cheapest one!" Hayden said, chuckling a bit before he slurped his coffee.

I rolled my eyes playfully. Hayden had been a lot better recently, and the more and more I thought about it, he never really had been purposefully mean. I laughed as the drink made a funny noise as he got to the bottom of the coffee.

The door opened and Matthew walked in.

"Alright, ready for some smooching?" He said, chuckling softly. I nodded.

*************************************************
Yep, yep. I actually got another chapter out, surprisingly. Not much Dylan in this chapter but hey ho, y'all got Hayden instead.