14

"Antoine Marcel Beaumont, that's the name?"

The officer asked him with her glasses sitting at the very tip of her nose. Jungkook sat fidgeting on a chair with blood-shot eyes, he looked to be in the middle of a mental breakdown. 

Officer Lisa's office at the police station was very bland in terms of attractiveness. It was a small room that had no wall decor, no plastic tree in the corner, or anything else likely to be found in an office, the only objects that occupied the room was a small, flimsy, plastic desk completely covered with paper and a similar flimsy, plastic chair in front of it. The officer herself at this moment was pacing from behind her desk, holding a cheap clipboard and chewing the end of her clicky pen.

She peered at Jungkook every time she asked him a question. 'When was the last time he had seen Taehyung?' 'Did they engage in an argument before his disappearance?' 'How can he be sure that Taehyung had been kidnapped and that the kidnapper was a trainee under his own entertainment company?"

"Yes, that's his name," Jungkook said this with firm determination and an unexplainable look on his face, "He took Taehyung, it can't be anyone else."

"And you are so certain because?" Lisa squinted her eyes and pushed her glasses up with her index finger, from the short time Jungkook had known her outside of work, he knows that this sequence of movements meant, 'I don't believe you what are saying right now but I'll let you finish so I can then completely destroy your reasoning and logic'.

"Becau- because he," Jungkook knows that he should not be saying any of this, but Taehyung's life could be on the line and at this point, he was willing to do anything, "because he has been threatening me for weeks now."

"And why would he be threatening his boss, the boss that controls when and if he is ever going to debut after years of hard work?" Lisa raised a single eyebrow and looked skeptically at Jungkook. He sighed, he will have to tell her the whole story now, this is going to be the worst scandal in the entire industry, and he's going to lose so much money and- 'No Jungkook, think about Taehyung, think about Taehyung'

"Okay officer, so, the reason that he was threatening me was because-" He sighed again.

"Because-" Lisa gestured with her hand for him please hurry up and stop being a stuttering mess.

"Because I was ending his contract." Jungkook placed his palms on his temples and looked defeated.

"And why would want you to do that?" Lisa asked slowly, eyebrow still raised.

"Even I know how popular he is with the public, his group still has 6 months before their debut, and people are already obsessed with them, I've listened to my daughter rave about H.O.D for weeks now! It is not pretty." She had a pained expression on her face.

"Every time she talks, it's just blabbering about 'Ace'," She feigned a dreaming expression, placing her hand over her chest in mock. This was probably a soft spot for her, Jungkook thought.

"Oh! it's the blonde prince of France! He is so beautiful! I would die for those cheekbones," Lisa pinched the bridge of her nose and rolled her eyes. Jungkook was a little shocked by her sudden outburst.

"Well, the thing is, officer, Antoine was an, uh, he was an ex-mafia member back in France before he immigrated here." He said this very carefully, afraid of her reaction.

"Pardon me?"

Jungkook closed his eyes for a brief moment, there was no way this information is going to stay hidden now. 'Well, I guess there's no turning back,' he thought before the story poured out of him.