Shot 21

"There is only few more days left for the week to finish. I don't know what else is he going to do to convince me."

This is what she was thinking while working at her cabin but that day she didn't get a single chance to meet Abhi. He avoid looking at her whenever he crossed her.

"What's wrong with him? He didn't called me once to his cabin and never looked at me at all."

She thought and told herself maybe he is busy in some important work.

Days passed like this and it was the last day of the week and she was feeling very upset that why he was avoiding her like never before.

She went inside his cabin and was shocked to find him looking very tired and she asked: Are you okay Abhi?

He didn't respond and stood up from his seat.

P: Abhi....

He walked towards her in an unsteady state.

Pragya could feel he was unstable and moved forward to help him but he glared at her and moved away saying he doesn't need her help.

P: Why are you doing like this?

A: Just go away! I don't need your help.

With that he uses all his strength to get out of his cabin and calls another staff for help.

She felt hurt by his behavior. Why was he like this now? She didn't asked her to come into his life again! He came and made her feel love for him again. But now he was being different towards her. She knows her temporary love was not well received by him and even she herself was not happy with her thought. But she did hoped things will change and she can share about her insecurities to him and make her thought of temporary love to a permanent one.

But now..... Why am I feeling it is a dead end? Was he really avoiding her or just avoiding for the sake of making her love for him stronger?

For the rest of the day, she was not able to see Abhi again. He had went back to his house. From what she knows, there is no way for her to see him now as she had heard from colleagues that his parents had arrived at his house to take care of him.

Is He alright? I hope he is fine. What am I doing here when he is my boss? I barely worked for him in the past few days. All I was doing some random ad-hoc work which seems to be of no use.

Should I go and see him? What will his parents think? I really don't know.

Enough! Enough of all this. Let me just go and see him and can make myself at peace.

She quickly informed one of the staff that she is leaving and left to see him.

To her surprise the door was opened and she heard his parents voices together with Lalitha's voice.

Lalitha ji is here as well?

Lalitha "This is why I told you to make Abhi stay away from Pragya!"

Pragya stopped walking hearing that and listened to their conversation.

Abhi's mother "We thought your plan will work out. We did like you said but now he ended up feeling depressed."

Abhi's father "Why not we ask Pragya to avoid him?"

Lalitha "No! We can't do that. That won't work out. Already we tried once when they were in college. We had asked Suresh to console Pragya after the accident and then Abhi saw it but he thought she was going against his instruction of not talking to Suresh. It did angered him and both avoided each other but what happened now? Both reconciled and even proposed each other again if I am not wrong but this time it should be from Abhi's side. We have to plan it very carefully and so far it is good."

Abhi's mother" She believes you right?"

Lalitha" Yes very blindly! If not how could she have survived so far? All I can say is I can't wait for her to leave the house but he is not letting it happen."

Abhi's father" You mean her dad right?"

Lalitha" Yes! My stupid husband! He have a soft corner for her. Whenever I try to say she should live in a hostel or somewhere else, he says she needs to live here. I really don't understand why he still let her live in the house!"

They heard Abhi calling as Ma.....

And all of them went to see him.

Meanwhile, Pragya hearing all of this was shocked and couldn't believe Lalitha ji didn't wish her to be with her dad and also with Abhi. Even his parents were against this idea.

Why is it so? Is it because she is an illegitimate child? Yes she is aware of it and that is why she is silently enduring the hardships in the house where her dad lives. She is expecting for the day that her dad will accept her wholeheartedly and until then she wished to live as a helper in the house. From what she knows she is not at all of any hindrance to the family there. She knows she might be a disturbance but definitely not a hindrance to their lives.

Then why did Lalitha ji does all this?
She can understand why Lalitha ji wants her to be separated from her dad. After all she is an illegitimate child but why she wants her to be away from Abhi too?

Unable to comprehend further she left Abhi's house.

Her thoughts were full of questions that hurt her more.

If Lalitha ji had so much of hatred towards me then why she always showered love on me? She always supported me in my hard times. She had been more of a friend these days but all this was a lie?

Why is that so? What wrong have I done?

She walked aimlessly and didn't know where she was heading to.

She ended up in a park and sat on the bench.

If they felt she was a mismatch to Abhi then they could have told her right? Why do they need to do all this and give hurt to both of them. It is unfair for Abhi to go through depression now.

What should I do now? Should I tell him that this will not work out? Will he listen to me? What if his depression gets worse?

Oh god! What's all this? What have I done that I can't live with my loved ones, be it my dad... be it my Abhi....

She burst into tears and cried her heart out.

She cried so much with her face covered until she didn't realized someone has sat beside her.

Suddenly, she felt someone caressing her back.

She jerked and saw who it was.

P:You??? Here??

She didn't know what to say. She just hugged the person for comfort and said: I wish this is not a dream.

In response she was pinched on her hand that made her screamed: Ouch!!!

It's not a dream Pragya!

Sorry for the very late update. Hope it was a good one and will end this ff soon.