Shot 22

P: I can't believe you're here... I thought....

She stammered unable to believe he was here in front of her.

A: Pragya, now that you know everything. What do you think we should do?

P: What do you mean? I don't know anything.

She said wiping her tears.

A: You don't know anything? Or you don't want to feel that you don't know anything?

P: What are you blabbering?

She said standing up to walk away.

A: Pragya don't act yaar.

He replied by pulling her down to sit.

She again insisted that she doesn't know anything.

A: This is your problem. You always hide things to make others happy while you become sad. Why can't you think for yourself first? Now that you know your dear Lalitha ji and my parents are against our love, why can't you ask them directly why they are like this?

Pragya didn't say anything and looked away trying to hide her tears.

A: Pragya, I am asking something and you have to reply.

P: I thought you were feeling depressed. Are you okay now?

A: Now you are changing the topic! Answer to my question then I will tell you about my condition.

P: It's getting late. I have to leave.

A: Stop it Pragya! How long can you run away from problems in your life?

P: I am not running away from problems. I am just avoiding them.

A: So now you want to avoid it and again have a heart break. This time we have a heart break that is not because of us.

P: They are elders. And they know what's best for us. So.....

A: Elders doesn't means always make the right decisions. Everyone makes mistake. What Lalitha ji had done for us was not acceptable. She shouldn't have did like that to create differences between us. You and I very well know how much we miss each other after that incident.

P: Abhi, try to understand. Do you know that I am an illegitimate child and that's why your parents and Lalitha ji is against the idea of me being with you.

A: I know everything Pragya. Lalitha ji herself told this to me. But back then I didn't realize she told me thinking that I will neglect you knowing your truth. And tell me one thing it's not your fault being an illegitimate child. It's not something you're responsible for then why should I even care about it?

P: I know you won't care about it. But the society we live in will care about it. You're not a college going student anymore Abhi. You're a well known personality and people look up to you. If I am with you people will talk all kinds of things to hurt you.

A: I can't believe you're saying this. Look Pragya, these days it's not about what society thinks. As long we live a decent life not disturbing the society, then there is no problem! I know what you will tell now. Don't think about the society but think about our family. When our family itself is not ready to accept us then how is it possible for society to accept us? Right?