Chapter 5

Harry's POV

He called me Harry. I can't believe it. Draco Malfoy just called me Harry.

Even though we all just entered our last class of the day, I couldn't help the blush that fell over me every time I thought about it.

Draco sat beside me in the back of the room and every once in a while he would glance over at me.

"Why do you keep staring?" I asked him. Mostly because I wanted a distraction from the class before it started, which, by the way, was DADA with Umbridge. Yay me.

"I'm just checking on you is all." He replied smoothly.

Is he worried? A Malfoy worried? That's new.

"Why?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Merlin's sake Potter, you gonna make me spell it out? I'm worried about you." He seemed to start losing his cool as his eyes shifted slightly away from mine.

"You're Draco Malfoy, why would you be worried about me?"

He sighed. "I'm not quite sure yet if I'm being honest. Just am, now pay attention, Umbridge will be here any second."

Before I could say anything back, his prediction was right. Umbridge just walked into the class.

Someone please get me out of here.

"Good afternoon students. I will be your defense against the dark arts teacher from here on out. Now, I know you have been learning defensive spells that were used back in the day, but we will no longer be using those. Those spells were meant to deal with evil, but there is absolutely nothing to worry about anymore and so those spells are useless."

Useless? Voldemort is back and she won't even teach us how to defend ourselves? What the hell is her problem? The ministry's problem? Have all of our warnings gone in vain?
No. This is not happening. He will attack here first and we won't know any spells.

I was getting furious by the moment. It no longer hurt me for what she did, I'm just angry now. She thinks she can do whatever she wants? I'll show h-

"Don't do it." Malfoy whispered to me. He grabbed my wrist in an attempt to calm me down, but all I did was yelp and pull my wrist out of his grip.

He looked at me confused for a moment.

"Are you ok? What happened?" Concern laced his voice.

I can't let him see. He can't know.

He can't see the scars that litter me.

Malfoy opened his mouth about to ask me again, since I didn't answer the first time, but he was cut off before he could.

"Boys! I will not tolerate talking in my class! One more time and I'll give both of you detention."

I looked away from Malfoy and focused on my hands, however I could feel Malfoy still staring at me.

His piercing gaze had me moving around nervously in my seat. It kept me distracted the rest of class, which is good seeing as I probably would have bit Umbridges head off.

The final class of the day was finally over. I sprung up from my seat and darted out of the room. Everyone was heading towards the Great Hall for dinner, me on the other hand went straight up to our dorm room.

I couldn't handle being in that room. I'm pretty sure I would have another break down like I did this morning.

Though, before I got to my dorm room I was stopped by some seventh year Slytherins.