Chapter 39

Harry's POV

Things definitely took a turn I never thought it would.

"Neither can live while the other survives." I said out loud. "So this whole time you knew that one day I would have to face Voldemort... Alone."

"I did. Yes." Dumbledore replied.

It's as if all the warmth had left my body, like a dementor had come through the window and sucked it all up. I was frozen out of fear and surprise all mixed together in one.

How am I supposed to respond to this? I can't fight Voldemort on my own! He's the darkest wizard to ever live and I'm just some 15 year old boy!

"You can't be serious." Draco said suddenly. "You expect him to fight Voldemort on his own after everything."

"Harry's the only one who can kill him, but he won't be doing it alone." Remus interjected. "There still will be a war and we're all gonna have to take a stand, if we hope to win, that is." He explained.

"So basically, Harry has to take the final shot in order to rid the world of Voldemort." Hermione stated.

"Makes sense. Either I take him down or he takes me down." I stated, finally finding at least a few words.

Everyone grew silent again, processing all the information thrown at them.

"Then we'll fight by your side." Ron said.

I looked over at Ron, an encouraging smile on his face.

"All of us will." Hermione added.

"Through it all. We won't let you do this alone, Harry. You've got us." Draco stated.

I smiled at my two best friends and my boyfriend. It feels great to know that I have them on my side.

I don't think I could get through this without them, but since I'll have their support, I'll do everything I can to take Voldemort down.

I won't let my friends and the people I love suffer at his hands any longer.

All of the adults in the room seemed to agree with Ron, Hermione, and Draco as they also added in comments  such as "You're not alone!" Or "We can win this together!" And other such words.

However, as the conversation about the prophecy died down, another one took its place.

The tension in the room just seemed to build again. "I think there's something else we need to talk about." Remus said.

I knew what he meant and quite honestly, I didn't want to go there.

I didn't mean to blurt out all those things about the Dursley's and my suicide attempt, but it just frustrated me knowing that Dumbledore knew and didn't care. A man that everyone respects.

Maybe it's my fault for not being strong enough and not fighting back against the Dursley's. Maybe I did something I'm unaware of and all those beatings truly were for a reason and Dumbledore saw it as justified.

I don't know, but the secrets out in the open now and everyone in the small, dimly lit living room stared at me.

Draco still gripped my hand next to me.

"Harry?" I heard Sirius' soft and hesitant voice.

I stared at my free hand in my lap, I didn't lift up my head to meet Sirius' voice.

"Did you really try...to kill yourself?" He asked, the words seemed to get stuck in his throat for a moment.

No one spoke. No one dared to even say a single word until I said something first.

"Yes." Is all I said.

"Why?" I heard Remus then ask.

"I-I just couldn't take it anymore! The bullying, the abuse, the nightmares, the weight everyone kept putting on me! I just couldn't handle it anymore!" I cried out frustrated. My hand that laid in my lap went up to my hair and I pulled at it desperately.

There's no point in lying or holding anything back. They all know. Everyone knows.

"I-I just started feeling useless! A-And that I didn't matter. I just...was done."

"Harry." Hermione's voice came next. "I never asked, but what do the Dursley's do?"

I paused. Draco's the only one I ever told. I never thought I would have to explain myself again, and yet here I was, telling my story... Again.

"T-They would beat me. Mostly Vernon though. He would p-punch and kick me, sometimes even used a knife. I-" My sentence was cut off. My voice seemed to just leave me.

"Harry. It's alright. You don't need to continue." Draco said softly to me, gripping my hand tighter.

"No." I managed. "They have a right to know." I continue my story of everything the Dursley's put me through, no one interrupted during my entire explanation.

When I finished, the room grew silent once again.

"Oh Harry dear! If only I had payed more attention I could've noticed the signs!" Mrs. Weasley cried out. She got up from her place and came rushing over to me and pulled me in for a hug.

"It's alright, Mrs. Weasley. It's not your fault."

"I know, but I wish I could've done something sooner."

"We all do, but what's important is that we all know now and you are never going back there again." Sirius stated. "I have a right mind to March myself over there and make sure they get the punishment of a life time. The things I wou-"

"Calm down, Sirius. Violence doesn't solve everything. Let's focus on getting Harry recovered from this, that's what we should be concerned about." Remus said.

Sirius huffed out a breath. "You're right. I'll have Kreacher start on dinner."

Sirius and Remus both left the room.

"I think it's a good idea for you kiddo's to get some rest, you'll be returning to school tomorrow, bright and early." Mrs. Weasley stated.

"Come on." Draco said standing up, pulling me with him. "You out of all of us look like you need the most rest."

It's true. Fighting Voldemort in my mind took more of a toll on me than I first realized.

Draco and I headed up the stairs and took one of the spare bedrooms. The two of climbed into bed, Draco pulling me close to him and wrapping me in my arms and soon enough both of us were out like a light.

---------------------------

I feel like this was mostly a filler chapter. I have no idea what I was writing about, tbh. Well hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you all next week!