Chapter 27

Harry's POV

I feel like everything bad that has happened is happening all over again. The bullying is getting worse, Umbridge is threatening half the professors here, trying to get them fired.

Ron finds every waking second making fun of me and so does Ginny.

I don't know what to do. The one thing I feared most happened and that was losing my best friend.

On top of that, Draco and I are on our way to detention with the devil herself.

It's almost as if life wants me to be miserable.

I know everyone's all like 'You become stronger!' or whatever crap. I'm done with living the part everyone wants me to live.

I'm sorry I'm not perfect. I'm sorry I'm not worth it. I'm sorry people see me as an even more freak than I already am. It's not like I chose this.

But, part of me doesn't regret it. If I hadn't gone down the path that I did, then Draco and I probably wouldn't be together. The real question is though, is it enough to fully get me out of this consuming darkness?

"Are you ok?" Draco squeezed my hand gently as we came to a stop in front of Umbridge's office.

"I'm fine." I tell him, looking away towards the ground.

"No. I know you're not."

"Just leave it!" I shouted at him. He backed away from me slightly and released my hand. I instantly wanted that touch again, but I kept my hand back.

"Fine. Let's just get this over with." He knocked on the door to Umbridge's office. A second later we heard her high pitched voice say come in and we entered.

"Ah, yes. Boys have a seat." We took a seat in the two chairs that were placed in front of her desk.

I hate being in this room. Everything about it is wrong. Everything that has happened in here is wrong.

"Now. I would like to just chat with the two of you for a moment."
I began to panic slightly. What is Happening? She usually just punishes us in the worst sort of way. She doesn't waste time with words

"Now. I'm gonna say this once. This thing the two of you have going on is utterly disgusting and it better end. Mr. Potter, I hope you realize I have the ability to expel you from this school and so I hope you'll start thinking about your actions. Mr. Malfoy, If you continue this disturbing display then I will contact your father about this and have him come straight to the school. Your father would be thoroughly disappointed in what you have done."

I froze. Draco's father can't find out about us. It's his only home, family.
I won't make it worse for him. I know what it's like to have an awful family. I can't put him through it too.

"What do you know about my father?" Draco's voice grew cold and void of emotion.

"Let's just say we know each other rather well. And I'm sure you know what your father is capable of."

I could see the hesitation in Draco's eyes. He's scared. He doesn't know what to do.

I have to end this. Draco is already scared of his father for being a death eater. He doesn't need him to hate Draco. I won't ruin the relationship with his dad. He doesn't deserve that. "Understood professor, we'll end it off. No harm done." I told her, my head down.

Draco's head snapped to mine and when I made eye contact, I noticed how wide eyed he had become. Confusion, fear, and a little sadness lingered in them. "Harry, what?"

"I know what it's like to have your family hate you. I can't do that to you. Your biggest fear about this relationship was your father finding out and I understand why. I don't know why I thought this could work. We're just kidding ourselves. It's better for the both of us if we just end this. I don't want to out you through pain. You deserve to be happy." I buried my face in my hands, holding back a sob.