Chapter 21

Harry's POV

It's Christmas break now, but honestly I don't want to go to the Weasley's like I always do. I'm terrified of what they'll think.

A week has passed since Draco and I kissed and it's been absolutely amazing. I don't know if we're a thing yet, but ever since then Draco has been more, uh what's the word I'm looking for, affectionate maybe? He sleeps next to me every night now, which is the most soothing thing ever considering most of my nightmares are now gone. He also will hold my hand while doing homework and trace his thumb on the back of my hand.

He does other small things as well that sends my stomach in a flutter and my heart racing. I've never felt like this before and I never want it to fade.

I still can't see. Professor Snape has come up with a potion to fix me, but it will take the whole break until it's done. I'm ok with that, at least I can get back to school stuff once I return.

Though, I don't know what I'm going to do during break. I don't want to bother the Weasley's while Arthur recovers and Sirius is still in hiding. Maybe I can stay with him, but I don't know if that'll be easy with my lack of vision.

I felt a bit of movement around me. A set of fingers pulled through my hair. I'll be entirely honest with you. I kinda like it.

"Morning." I said to him.

He sighed and buried his face farther into the back of my neck, his breath causing shivers to go down my spine. "Morning." He said back in his low morning voice.

"Breakfast should be about ready. Are you ready to get up?" I asked him grabbing onto his hand that was draped over my waist.

He whined softly. "I wanna stay right here."

I chuckled lightly. "Don't you have a train to catch later today?" I asked.

He shifted slightly, I'm assuming so he can hover over me and look at me better.

"Don't you have a train to catch as well?"

I sighed. "I don't know. I usually go to the Weasley's, but it'll just be embarrassing and awkward." He went silent. "I mean, I can go to my God father's, but he's in hiding. I doubt he can handle a blind person for two weeks."

"Well. What if....maybe, I go with you?" His voice was soft and hesitant. Like he was afraid to ask.

"What?"

"Well, you can't come to mine for obvious reasons and there will have to be a day over break that I go and see my mother, but I can go with you to your God father's to help you around and let you actually enjoy yourself."

I reached up and cupped his cheek in my hand, well...once I found it I did. "You have parents to go see. I don't want to trouble you. Plus, after everything you've done for me you deserve some time relaxing and not babysitting me." I told him. My voice faltering slightly as guilt spread through me.

He set his hand over mine. "There's nothing more that I'd enjoy than spending time with you."

Does he really enjoy it? I'm always bothering him. It must get annoying.

"I'm just in the way. You deserve better. You don't deserve to be forced into helping me all the time. I'm so useless and it's frustrating!" I expressed.

"Harry. Everyone needs help from time to time. Not to mention, it's ok to be dependent on others. It's scary, yes, but not a bad thing. I'm helping you because I want to, don't hesitate to come to me, ok?"

I nodded my head and smiled up at him.  He removed my hand from his and leaned down, placing a soft and loving kiss on my lips that I responded to immediately. I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer.

"Get a room!" A voice called out.

Draco and I pulled apart. "Shut up, Blaise!"

Blaise laughed. "Well I don't need to see that first thing in the morning."

I flushed red. "Sorry, Blaise." I said.

Draco laid a hand on my cheek this time in order to get my attention. "What do you say? Think your God father's ok with me coming?"

I pondered on it. "At first, probably not, but after I explain then he should be fine. It's just, him and the place he's hiding at can't get out. Draco you have to promise me you won't tell anyone."

"I promise Harry. I know why he's in hiding. It was in the daily prophet two years ago I think, about how he broke out of Azkaban for killing a wizard and a bunch of muggles, but I know there has to be more to the story if you're protecting him. So I promise that I won't tell anyone, but I really do want to be with you Harry."

I smiled brightly at him. "Thanks and yeah. There is a lot more to the story. He didn't kill anyone, Peter killed them and he's an unregistered animagi so he faked his own death to blame it all on Sirius. He's a great man, I promise. You might actually take a liking to him."

"Maybe I will. He is technically my uncle after all."

My eyes widened. "That's right! I completely forgot about that! Small world."

He chuckled lightly. "I guess so. Come on let's get ready." Draco got up, when his warmth left me I frowned. I do enjoy it when he's with me. I don't really understand why or how it changed so fast. A hand touched my shoulder. "Come on." He said.

I swung my legs over and my feet touched the cold bare ground. I reached my hand out, not too sure where Draco is anymore.

Wasn't he just right here? Where did he go? Maybe he went to go get ready. I'm over exaggerating, but he usually helps me get up and get into the bathroom before he leaves me to change and does the same thing.

"Draco?" I asked. He was next to me a second ago.

"I'm here." His hand covered my cheek.

I sighed. "I thought you left. It was quiet for a second there."

"Sorry. I was thinking." His hand from my cheek dropped as he grabbed my hands to help me up.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Let's just get ready to go. Ok?"

I nodded my head as he led me to the bathroom.

---------

Alright! So I know this chapter was a bit boring, sorry about that. The next one will be better, I promise. This was kinda just a little fluff chapter.

Also I wanted to say that I am sorry if this story is triggering for some readers. I know that what I write can sometimes take a dark turn as you've witnessed in earlier chapters. I want to tell all of you that you are loved and you are important. Don't ever forget that. You're stronger than you think and I promise that you'll make it through to see a brighter day. If you are struggling with anything going on with/in your life, just know you are not alone and you are special, amazing, beautiful, handsome, and everything else in between.

You're all perfect in your own special way.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I hope this might mean something to you and life gets better for all of you. See you in the next chapter!