Prologue

"Are you sure?" Saiph asked, tilting her head like a curious puppy as her dead, cold, eyes looked at me with great indifference.

"Y-yes." I try to stand up straighter. My hair still partially in front of my face, but I was too afraid to move it out. That meant I would have to look at her straight in the eye.

"I will not be ever returning to the island," Saiph started, probably noticing how sharply I inhaled and tensed up, "And I doubt you'd be able to return once you leave."

"I-I understand," I take a deep breath, "But I have made my decision, it is time for me to go back home."

She nods, almost in understanding, or just nodding to amuse me. "Fine, pack your bags and meet me at the docks, I'm leaving tonight."

I nod, waiting for her to walk away without another saying. After this short year of knowing her, she hasn't once smiled.

I just hurry off to my room, noting that I need to find Caleb to say goodbye.

Making the sharp corner towards my room I ran right into a wall, and seeing how I've been living here for about 4 years, I know for sure that there is no wall here.

"Still running through the halls, huh?" A familiar deep voice made me shiver with how baritone it was. His arms wrapped around me loosely, his hands interlocking and resting on the crook of my back. "But you wanted to see me, right?" His voice got raspy, like he was getting a little upset.

"Yes," I lifted my face from his chest, staring deep into his mismatched eyes. "I am going back to America, to my pack."

His hold tightened just a bit, but enough for me to notice. "Are you sure? The pack isn't the same since when you left."

"I know that, it's just..." I trail off, looking into his eyes as they grew more and more longing. "I can't abandon my pack."

Caleb's jaw tensed, the veins in his neck popping just a bit. He wants to say something, I know he does. "I understand," he sighs, leaning down so that our foreheads touched, "Just know I will always be here for you whenever you need me."

I closed my eyes, basking in his comfort, "Thank you." I whispered.

After a while of him holding me he finally releases me, looking deep into my eyes. "Here," he pulled a phone from his back pocket and handed it to me, "It already has my number in it."

I took it with both hands, and my eyes burned with the tears pouring from my face. "T-thank you Caleb."

He smiled, a full blow smiled, giving me a big hug and holding me tight, "Be safe."

I nod in his chest, ignoring the fact that my tears were soaking his shirt, "I will." I sob, my voice cracking along with my heart. I want to stay so, so badly, but I should go back.

It is my destiny.

(A/N: Special thanks to R_Chander   once again for the amazing cover!)