Chapter 34

Ever feel numb? 

Not a physical numb but a sort of mental numb that it makes you feel empty inside. 

A sort of numbness that makes you feel like your floating in deep dark space. 

It feels so lonely. 

"Mable," Caleb's voice pulled me out of the dark space, and soon my eyes opened to meet those mismatched eyes that did not hold the warmth I was so used to.

"I am not Mable." I giggled, the bed sheets of the infirmary bed were held captive in my death grip.

What? 

I don't feel humored, I don't even think I meant to. I can't even control my voice. 

"I see." 

"You're a stupid wolf Larson." My voice was deeper, but holding so much more darkness than I believe was possible for me. "Mable is just some pathetic little brat who never had someone to hold her hand through her pathetic life." 

"Are I suppose you are her primal side?" Caleb crossed his arms, staring down at me with a dead stare. 

"Exactly," I found myself chuckling, "and your primal side has been suppressed for a century, poor thing." I flipped the covers off, smirking at Caleb the whole time. 

"How have you taken over? Mable should be in control of her own body." 

I shrugged, "I believe it's from that poison in the room, it was suppose to force the wolf and man to battle for dominance within one form, eventually leading to a grotesque mix of both." 

"We are immune to poison." 

"You mean you are immune to poison, Mable's black wolf powers have been suppressed for so long that her immunity has grown too weak." 

"And that's where you come in," he concluded, his whole body tense. Like a ticking time bomb. 

"Exactly," getting up I stretched gracefully, bending my back so far I thought my spine would snap. "And what are you going to do about it Mr. Alpha." I give him a small side eye, my nerves conflicting with the confidence on my face. 

What is going on?

I can't get control of my body anymore.

Suddenly the air grew ice cold, a severe shiver ran up my spine. "Ma-" 

Before he could finish whatever he was going to say, my legs quickly worked, spinning around and leaping over the bed and through the window, the broken glass slicing my legs. 

This is where I realized we were on the third floor of the infirmary. 

My legs felt like they were on fire, and landing roughly on the ground my body went into an automatic curl, quickly getting to my feet and sprinting off into the forest. 

Where am I going? 

My legs no longer burned. 

Instead, the pain in my legs were masked by the pain in my chest. 

God I hate running. 

"Would you shut up?!" I screamed, the forest quickly turned into a green blur, my hair whipping violently behind me. 

What?

"Shut the hell up!" I jumped over some small casem, landing once again smoothly on the other side. 

What am I saying? And more importantly why are we running? 

"You're going to get me killed Mable," I growled. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I peeked slightly behind me, a dominating black shadow was approaching me at an alarming speed. 

Is that Caleb? 

"Yes! And he's going to kill me!" My skin prickled only for a moment, and then 'boom' I was in wolf form. 

He won't hurt me. 

**You? Of course he won't, but he will most definitely kill me.**

How would that be possible if we are one in the same? 

**He's a high ranking black wolf, he basically can do anything his heart desires.**

Oh.

**OH in fucking deed!**

I winced, not used to hearing my own voice cussing. Staring through my eyes I couldn't see where we were going. I just want to go back home. 

I scoffed, or at least my wolf let out a grunt, **We don't have a home Mable.** 

I sigh, I could feel my wolf eyes prick and burn with held-back tears. 

But she is right. 

I don't have a home: my first pack was a prison, my own personal purgatory with no escape; my mate was suppose to give me a home, but that too was just a sad illusion of a glimmer of hope; and the island I suppose I could say was a home, but with the council disbanded the black wolves slowly returned to their homes. 

But not me. 

Nor Caleb.

So where is my home? 

I guess it's not a location. 

I guess it's a person. 

I want my body back. 

I feel heat rush into my face as I slammed face first into the dirt. My body twitching and jerking as I tried to regain control. 

**Stop that!** She, or I, screamed, clawing at the ground. Rolling violently around, slamming into trees and breaking all the loose branches. 

Get out.

My bones felt like they were snapping, breaking forming, only to break again as I tried to focus on my human form. 

It was agonising. 

The burning pain, the feeling of being cooked alive. My skin felt like it was ripping apart, being pulled apart as easy as a rotten pumpkin. 

Tears were streaming down my face, my teeth clenching so much I thought they were going to shatter. 

Please.

Someone help me. 

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I've recently been overwhelmed with schoolwork and wasn't able to write a lot. Also, I might be late in updating the next chapter so I'm sorry in advance!)