Chapter 6

I finally got back to my room, one of the omegas was nice enough to bring my clothes with the clip and even took my dirty clothes from me after I took a shower and changed back into the pug sweater and the clip nicely pulling my hair out of my face. 

I didn't even go to the first dinner to which I was technically required to go because I was passed out on my bed, didn't even get into crawl into the bed because I was so tired. 

I don't even know how long I slept before someone was lightly tapping on my shoulder. 

I woke up to see that nice old-omega lady from before, her white hair still tied nicely in a bun while her dull blue eyes shone brightly with joy. 

"I saw that you weren't at dinner, and forgive me but I got Gamma Clint to give me the extra key to your room to give you your food." She had a cart fill top to bottom with so many dishes I thought we were having a party. 

"That's all for me?" I asked, dumbfounded. 

"Yes," she sheepishly adjusted her dress, "I didn't know what you liked and so the kitchen crew made everything they could think of." 

I thought for just a second, "Have you and the kitchen eaten yet?" She shook her head, her brows furrowed just a little, "Then if you don't mind, can you bring the cart back to the kitchen. I much rather eat with everyone," I laugh lightly, "There is just no way I can eat all of that myself." 

Her smile grew so wide that I thought her teeth would fall out of her face. 

We both walked out of the pack house together, a small crowd of some of the pack members who were still hungry from dinner followed us and two of the gentlemen carried the cart over the grass that made it hard to wheel the cart over.

Our little group, as well as the omegas and help, all ended up in the newly cleaned kitchen and it was nice. We all ate and laughed and everyone was so interested to get to know me, not pushing too far into personal details, but all of them were so happy every time I would reply to them.

I never experienced people who were hanging on every single word I spoke.

It was strange. 

"Thank you so much for dinner." I stood up, and so many of them jumped at the chance to give me dessert. It was like they were afraid that once I was gone that I would have never come back. "Oh, no thanks." I awkwardly chuckled at the weird puppy-eyed stares I was getting, "I'm so full and am going to turn in for the night." I smiled, slowly leaving and ignoring the stares I was getting. 

As soon as I walked right out of the main pack house, with it's newly repaired door, I was quickly followed by some of the warriors, just three of them who insisted they walk me home. 

"Oh it's okay, I'm just going back to my room." I smiled at them, looking straight into their faces without my nerves going off. My time with meeting crazy people with Caleb trained me to handle myself with people I didn't really know.

"A lady shouldn't have to walk by herself." One of the younger ones, Eddie - I think, smiled, hurrying to my side with still the same smile. "Plus it would be an honor to walk with you." 

I tilted my head in confusion, "Why?" 

"Because y-" He started, his eyes glazed over for a second signalling he was mind linking someone. "Because you are a l-lady and it's our responsibility you can make it home safely." 

He reused the same excuse but I'm tired and didn't want to push him.

"Well thank you anyways," I turned to the others who were smiling at me, "All of you, thank you so much for all you have done." I was surprised when they all told me in unison that it was their pleasure. 

It was like no one has ever thanked them before. 

We got to my room a little later than I thought since we were chatting a lot. The older warriors were telling me about their teenage children and how they wanted me to meet them. 

It was like they were acting like I was the real luna. 

"I don't want you cleaning anymore." 

I almost screamed if I didn't smell him as I opened my door. I didn't know what to say though, not that I was going to say something. 

I just awkwardly nodded, staring at the floor. I mentally cursed that the clip was still in my hair, not letting my hair hide my face. I just couldn't bring myself to look at him. 

"I understand alpha." I didn't know what to do with this long awkward silence we had between us. His scent was making my head spin and he wasn't saying anything, just standing in the middle of my room in the dark. 

I couldn't see his face, not that I was going to look, but I could definitely feel his eyes burning holes into my face. 

That when he sighed, finally leaving by passing right next to me.

"Don't tell anyone that we're mates," he spoke coldly as he passed me but as soon as he was behind me I he stopped, suddenly pulling my hair gently back so that it was really out of my face, "I'm glad your back Mable."