Chapter 9, Axel

"She's fine." Clint's voice was already irritating me and he's only said two words since walking into my room where I've put Mable's lifeless body and locked up the whole territory. That white wolf was definitely not alone with all of those supplies she's brought and who she's working with will definitely pay for my mate's life.

"She's fucking dead." I wheezed, my lungs have yet to start working and I'm surprised I haven't burst into tears yet. I look to my beautiful mate whose body was laid on my bed.

Her eyes were closed and her lips relaxed, like she was asleep. Her skin was paler than usual and her blue sweater had a giant crimson stain from the collar all the way down to her stomach in a fan-shape. 

I've cleaned her skin the best I could, and the gash was a lot shallower and smaller that I thought with the amount of blood that was still outside. 

Pack members have been coming in and out of my house, never stepping into my room, but all wore a grim expression on their face when they got glimpses of Mable's lifeless body. Some straight up started bawling and others passed out.

She was barely here for a day and she captured the hearts of every single pack member. 

"I made a call," Clint started, still standing on the other side of the bed out of my reach, "We have a few visitors coming from the west and arriving in about," he pulled out a phone that looked rather old, a one that I've never seen him use, "two minutes." He started walking out with a very calm demeanor. 

**Alpha we have visitors.** The west patrol leader mind-linked me. **It's a black wolf and a white wolf.**

What?

I don't have time for this.

I walked over to Mable, brushing her black locks out of her face and placing a kiss on her forehead. 

**I'm coming.** I spat, just running out and making a silent promise to Mable that I'll be back in less than 10 minutes.

I just need to deal with another black wolf and another goddamn white wolf. 

**No need, Gamma Clint is here.** Brennon was handling my duties, taking Mable's death harder than I was but he insisted he do it. **He's letting them in.**

**Okay.** I still started heading out, deciding to meet them halfway seeing how Clint in under the illusion that they can help my dead mate. 

My. Dead. Mate. 

I didn't even notice I was already outside, standing just outside the door, my body not letting me walk any farther than my front door. I saw a decent crowd heading in my direction, everyone not really wanting guest around their luna. 

"Alpha Axel," Clint approached me, two women were behind them in decent outfits. One had pure white hair tied up in a messy bun, wearing her own loose sweatshirt and leggings with a frightened face. The other was staring at me with cold, icey eyes, her back hair long and straight and she wore borrowed clothes from us, just a large black t-shirt to cover her naked self. 

The black wolf was the younger one, maybe 16 or 17, her eyes showed so much age though, so much experience. 

Her features here like Mable's: pale skin and deep midnight black hair, but her hair seemed a whole shade darker, her strands of hair almost indistinguishable from each other. 

"What purpose do you have here?" I asked, my voice stronger than I thought it would me. The black wolf scoffed while the white one tensed up, looking nervously at the younger girl. I did not have time to deal with disrespectful brats, but this girl was making my nerves on edge. 

"This is Beta Saiph Vera and Luna Jade David from the Evergreen pack." There was a few gasps from the small crowd gathering outside my house. 

The Evergreen Pack? 

I nodded, more to myself than to them. 

What was more alarming to me, either than the fact that the leaders of the most powerful pack in the world is standing in my front yard, is that the beta is a girl. Granted that she is a black wolf and probably can kill my whole pack with just her voice. 

"Come in." I turned around, **Everyone please stay outside.** Only Clint and the two women came in, and everyone respectfully stayed outside, not moving from their spots. "She's in my room." I headed upstairs, walking into my room and looking straight to my mate whose neck was still neatly sliced. 

"I don't see what the issue is." The black wolf spoke, her voice so much more monotone than Clint's that I thought she was a robot. She was behind me, just staring at Mable with disinterest. 

The luna was uncomfortably by the door, not looking at the body and looking a lot whiter than when we were outside. 

"Do you now see her throat is fucking slit?" I grit out, my throat growing tight as I spoke. I'm seconds away from breaking down and her indifference was not fucking helping. 

"So? It takes a lot more to kill a black wolf than a simple slice." She walked around me right to Mable, every step she took the air seemed like it was getting colder and colder to the point where I could see my breath. I didn't want to take my eyes off my mate but I could hear the luna's heartbeat pick up and pounding in her chest.

My heart was doing the same.

Every nerve in me told me to run to my mate and push the black wolf away from her but every instinct told me to leave her alone if I value my life. 

"What are you doing?" I wheezed, the air so much harder to breathe. Either because she has given me the false hope that Mable will once again smile, or because my body was betraying me at every second. I felt like if I tried to move my knees would immediately give out. 

The black wolf ignored me, walking right to her bedside and examining her body.

With a slight inhale she spoke only one word,

"Heal."