Chapter 4

Clint was on another rant, mainly to himself as we were both locked up in his office writing out new training schedules. He still was mumbling while I continued to write what I remember off the top of my head from Saiph's training regime. 

I would have called Collin or Saiph but I wanted to leave them alone seeing how they both are probably still on the road seeing it has been barely 4 hours since I was dropped off and they were practically making a cross country drive. I think Saiph threatened to start running in wolf form if they didn't get there by tomorrow morning. 

"That looks hard." I almost screamed when I heard someone hovering over my shoulder. I was concentrating so hard on remembering all the exercises Saiph would write down. I peek to see Brennon, mentally sighing in relief. "Oh sorry." He noticed me jump slightly, a small apologetic smile on his face. 

"It's fine, you just startled me." I readjust myself on my chair, putting the clipboard I was writing on. 

Clint picked up the board, his face partially red from his fury from the small meeting with the luna, but it slowing calmed down as he read it. 

"Great, this is perfect for those lazy asses." He took my clipboard and started typing it up on his computer, "Especially since the luna is also working out." He smirked, "As per the rules of the pack." He still wore his dead eyes but his smirk was quite alive. 

I look back to Brennon who also wore a smirk on his face. "Make sure to include more tricep-pushups."

Ah yes, the demon pushups. 

"Of course." Clint was furiously typing a devilish glint in his eyes, his fingers not missing a beat as he basically rewrites the Constitution. "That little brat thinks it she is just gonna run in circles and chat with her girls," he spoke so quietly like he was speaking to his computer, "Oh she thinks that because she is the luna that she doesn't have to do the fucking curel ups." He was typing more, "This she definitely has to fucking do." 

I temporarily ignore him, seeing how much anger he has been containing after so long I haven't seen him. "So has it always been like this?" I asked, referring to Clint. 

"That our luna is the laziest person in the world? Yes." Brennon answered, still wearing a smirk. "She has been getting out of other trainings, claiming that her rank doesn't require for her to train with the rest of us and that she is already strong enough. But she does enjoy watching everyone as they work out, and to top it off she always stops training early because she needs someone to come shopping with her and because she is the luna our top warriors, who run the training, have to go with her." 

I was so confused, "Wait, so how are you guy's getting her to do the training?" 

This is what got Clint's attention.

But oh did it get his attention.

"Oh we're not going to, you are." He smirked, "If you're participating, and Axel's there, she is most definitely going to try to top you working out. That girl does everything she can to get his attention and topping a black wolf would definitely get someone's attention." 

I frown. 

They think I was capable of what Saiph plans?

Just for reference, Caleb has actively avoided Saiph's training sessions by claiming he was helping out overseas again, and with the war raging she let him go, along with me. 

Thank the lord for Caleb. 

But jeez Saiph, people in your pack must be like the freaking Rock. 

Weights that weigh hundreds of pounds. 

Excessive numbers on strengthening exercises for muscles I didn't even know I had.  

Luckily there were periodic breaks and stretches but OH MY GOD, I would die. 

"There is no way I can do that." I point to his laptop, "That was conjured by the strongest wolf in the freaking world and there is no way I could survive." 

Clint smirked more, "I have faith in you." 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Clint.

You. Asshat. 

I look to Brennon, looking as desperate and pleading as I could. He looks apologetic but gave me the thumbs up and left. 

Gosh darnit. 

He was my only hope. 

"You'll be fine." Clint goes back to typing, no longer typing like a madman, "She'll probably give up eventually and you'll be free to go home." 

"Okay..." I trail off, never seeing this mischievous side of Clint before. It was strange. 

He just seemed so much more lively. 

Or crazy.

Depends how you look at it. 

After a few minutes of just his typing filling the silence he finally shot out of his seat, a triumphant look on his face as he ran to the other side of his office to a printer, gripping it on both sides, waiting for the few pieces of papers while tapping the sides of the plastic walls with impatient twitches in his eye.

"I think you need some sleep." I spoke my thoughts aloud, hearing a loud scoff I thought it was a cough. 

"I can't sleep with the pack like this," this was definitely another start of a rant, "Ever since the council legalized black and white wolves in pack, I am finally allowed to stay on the territory, only to be required to live in the fucking basement of the goddamn packhouse because they don't have a fucking room to me. That damn alpha is still bitter against me because he believes I was the fucking reason you were taken." 

There was more to this, once again, something more about the luna dumping her duties on him, including making pack speeches, attending treaty meetings, and greeting new members. 

But Axel's mad at him for me going to the island?

I thought he would approve of it since his great grandfather wanted me gone. 

"What happened to Axel's great grandfather?" I cut through his rant, something I would have never done before the island. 

"Dead." Clint answered bluntly, taking the paper and rushing over to his desk to staple it, hitting the stapler so hard that it dented the desk, but Clint didn't notice. "Axel snapped his neck about a week into your leave." 

Oh.

"Oh." I spoke aloud. 

Oh.

"His mom died too about 2 years after you left and your letters started coming in, his dad committed suicide about a year later." Clint continued, bone-chillingly calm about this. "His grandparents are around, but they are stuck in Europe since the Alpha King there has temporarily closed the waters. They are luckily staying in an allied pack since the waters have been closed for almost 10 years or so." 

 Oh yes.

The war.

That Saiph basically solved.

With her voice.

Granted she is basically the ruler of the world. 

"That's so sad." I didn't know what else to say, Clint didn't really seem to care and I didn't know how to react. I hardly knew the old luna, but from the short conversation I had with her she seemed nice and reasonable. I never saw the old alpha but I did not have a good impression of him. As for the grandparents, I had no idea they were in Europe. 

But with the special grant Caleb has from the Alpha King and the councils of the various regions, I felt a little guilty that his grandparents have been stuck for almost a decade.