Chapter 3

Taylor's POV

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BE-

I slam my hand down on the alarm clock before my father yells at me for causing so much noise. I'm so tired I wish I could sleep for the rest of the day but I cant. That's just the way life goes. Sadly. 'Father' always tells me u can sleep when I'm dead.

I roll myself at of bed and put on the only decent outfit I have that doesn't have blood splatters or holes in it. That's a very limited selection and I'm very likely to be wearing this everyday this year so I better keep it clean and together.

At least this place has a laundry room so maybe I'll be able to get more outfits available.

After I dress in black skinny jeans and an extremely oversized light blue hoodie, I make my way quietly downstairs to make breakfast.

I pass by a hall mirror and I look at myself in it.

Ugly.

Fat.

Overweight.

Useless.

Stuttering freak.

That's how I would describe myself.

I force myself to look away from the mirror and on my task before me.

I prepare a simple breakfast of cheese and sausage omlettes and I go and grab my school bag. Great. Now to go get bullied for being a weak faggot. They probably hate gay people. Everyone I've met do. They are probably no different.

I unlock the door and close it behind me. I make my way down the street following the directions on my phone until I stop infront of a huge looking school. Oh joy. Hint the sarcasm.

It's probably filled with snobby rich kids.

I walk through the parking lot and into what I think are the front doors and follow a sign pointing to the office.

I push the door open and I see a little old lady typing away on a fancy computer behind a large wooden desk.

She looks up and give me a sweet little smile before asking what I need.

"I- uhm- I'm new and I n-need my schedule please." I ask quietly and she just smiles

"Name?"

"Taylor Mace"

She starts typing away on her computer and something starts printing on the printer. She picks up the papers and hands them to me.

"There's your schedule, map, laptop, student I.D., and other papers you made need and there is someone coming down here to help you get to all your classes. He is in all your classes so if you have any questions, just ask him. The school day starts at 7:40 and ends at 2:50."

A guy knocks at the door and the little old lady yelled for them to come in. When he walked in the door, let me just tell you. Oh. My. Noodles. This guy is so freaking hot.

He has styled dirty blonde hair, pale brown eyes, a sharp jawline, cute sun freckles across his tan skin. He's the definition of a sex god. Don't forget that he's perfect in almost every way.

As soon as he walks in his stare locks onto me and I start to figet nervously.

"Mine" he says under his breathe but I heard it. The old lady grins at him and the guy clears his throat. Creepo.

"Hello. My name is Chase, and you are?"

"Taylor."

"Great. I will now be your personal escort from now on." He smiles but there's something in his eyes that I can't make out, is it love? Lust? But why?

"We best get going before we are late. Goodbye Mrs. Bass." Chase waves and she gives him a small wave and I smile and continues typing away on her keyboard.

Chase walks over and opens the door for me and holds it open for me.

"Thank you." I blush and I wait for him to lead.

He walks out and starts walking in some random direction and I follow.

"So, where are you from?" Chase asks me and I catch up to his speed so I am walking by his side.

"I'm from Naveda"

"That's really cool. Welcome to California. Our first hour is Biology. Do you enjoy that?"

"I'm not the best at it. I am better at art or literature." I answer and he just nods and gives me a small smile.

"I'll help you. My brothers and I."

"Brothers?"

"Yes, you see, I'm a triplet. My brothers, Corey and Chance, are in some of our classes."

"That's really cool. I don't have any siblings." I don't mention my brother that left me 8 years ago.

"Well, that does have some benefits." He chuckles and I just awkwardly laugh. At least his brothers didn't leave him. I assume he sensed my discomfort and quit. Chase stopped in front of a door.

"Here we are. The teachers name is Mr. Lamar and Corey is in this class. He looks like me but with blue eyes."

"Brilliant"

He pushes open the door and we walk through. The few kids who have already arrived look up and stare at me. My cheeks flush pink and we walk over to a 3 person table and sit down.

"Corey will sit with us when he decides to show up. Goddess knows when that is." He laughs and I do to but I'm a bit confused.

Goddess? Is that some part of a religion he worships? I'm not going to ask because that's considered rude. We talk about the school and our classes and such.

In the middle of our conversation about how awful school lunch food is, even thought I've never really eaten it, a boy, who looks almost identical to Chase except for the eyes, barges into the room right as the bell rings and immediately snaps his eyes over to me.

My blush is basically permanent at this point but it seems to grow darker.

He said something under his breathe and walks over to Chase and I and sits down at our table.

"Hello sunflower, my name's Corey"