Chapter 5

Amazingly, I made it threw art class.

That's class was actually really fun. The teacher is a young, energetic women with frizzy brunette hair and soft green eyes.

She made me introduce myself like every other teacher so far but she asked me about my art style and I said realistic.

She for really excited and said that in honor of me be being new, we would spend the class doing realistic drawings.

I few kids groaned and I kinda feel them. Realistic can be super hard. You have to get all the features and shading. Somehow, I've come to be good at it. On the nights that I wasn't getting abused I would scavenge pieces of paper and I small pencil and teach myself to draw.

It was like my release from the world. Nobody could tell me what to do when I was drawing. It made me feel like I had control.

She announced that we were to draw the person sitting next to us and guess who was sitting next to me, not Chase.

There was assigned seating in this class so we could meet 'new people.' so I am sitting next to me his other guy. He is almost as huge as Chase but like slightly less but still made of muscle.

He introduced himself as Dominic and we took turns looking at each other and putting down in paper what we saw.

We got to know each other since we had to sit next to each other everyday.  I learned that he was best friends with the triplets and he had a girlfriend named Rose Mae but most people just call her Rose. She was the girl sitting next to Chase. He also mentioned that if she let you call her Mae, you are extremely lucky. She let's a few of her close friends call her Mae. Dominic joked about how he barely made the cut.

What was odd about him was when he was talking about Rose, when he went to say girlfriend, he started saying a different word until he covered it up. It sounded like it started with an 'm' but I'm not sure.

Maybe he just wanted to get to the point.

Near the end off class, the teacher said that we need to find a stopping point and that we would continue our drawings tomorrow.

She walked around to look at everyone's work and gave a nod or a smile to each person. When she came to mine, a huge grin broke onto her face. She told me I had a huge talent and held it up for the class to see.

Chase had a look of pride on his face and I dont know why that filled me with a warm feeling.

It wasn't nearly done, just a layout, but she was majorly impressed.

I'm just going to keep saying this. This place is full of creepo's.

Whenever I looked over to Chase, he had an unhappy look on his face and was scowling at Rose next to him. She seemed unfazed like she was used to it.   

Rose had midnight black hair that barley reached her shoulders and the lightest brown eyes I have ever seen.

Chase caught my glance once and let's just say he had the smuggest look on his face.

Back to present time, me and Chase are now in the next class and to my dismay it's math. We have a couple minutes until the bell rings and Corey is here and said that Chance is coming.

"Do I have to check your paper in this class as well sunflower?" Corey jokes and I laugh

"Probably"

"You'll want Chance to check it. He's the best chance at math." The two triplets laugh at the stupid joke and I try to his my amusement.

The bell and the Chase and Corey look at each other.

"He's sooo going to be mad later when he finds out if he was on time he would've got to meet his mate sooner"
Corey whispers almost to quiet for me to hear.

"Hah. He's going to scold himself for being reckless and we are just going to laugh at him. We've been bonding with our mate and he hasn't." Chase answers just as quietly and I pretend I don't hear them.

But what's a mate? Why would he be mad at himself for being late for meeting it? Chase and Corey both said that they've been bonding with it so is it a person?

It sounds like they are talking about it like they were bonding today. But with who? Well Chase has been around me a lot but also that girl in art. Corey has different classes than us so maybe someone else in those classes.

Could I be that person? But what does mate mean? Like friend? Like how they say in Australia? Are they Australian too?

These two guys confuse me and I'm sure their other brother will be just as confusing.

The teacher calls for attention so he can take roll and starts going down the list he goes through a few names before he calls out Chance Caser and nobody answers, he marks him as absent and goes through the other triplets and makes his way to my name.

This teacher didn't make me introduce myself and just told me the rules and to call him Mr. Reed. He's a short, stubby, round man. He's also bald and I don't like his attitude.

He tells us to open our laptops and yo get onto the assignment he's posted on google classroom. I don't know if the code and I don't want to ask him so I nudge Corey since he's closer to me.

I series of sparks errupt from the touch and it gave me this overwhelming feeling of love. I try to play it cool and I continue with what I was going to ask him.

"What the code?" I whisper and he tells me a bunch of numbers and letters. While he says this he has a huge grin on his face like he could feel.it to. I join the class and I click on the new assignment.

A bunch if letters and numbers pop up and I already know I'm doomed.

I glare at the screen hoping it would disappear but much to my dismay, it didn't.

I'm not maths theripist. It should solve its own problems.

"You can keep glaring at that screen Taylor, but the problems won't disappear." Chase whisper-laughs and I just glare harder.

"A guy can dream." I retort pulling out a piece of scratch paper and a pencil.

I attempt the problem but I don't really care anymore.

This is hard.

I sat in the same problem for about 10 minutes and I'm still stuck.

(A/N the first person who finds the answer gets a shout out.)

The question is:

Find the constant b so that the three points A(2 , 3), B(4 , 7) and C(8 , b) are collinear.
______________________________________

First of all, what is a collinear? Like a colander? Are we draining the life out of me? Is that what were doing? I can answer that question, and it is yes.

As I try to answer the question another guy barges through the door.

He looks like the other two triplets so he list be the third.

"Mr. Caser, you are almost 20 minutes late to my class. Care to explain?" Mr. Reed snarls. Woah doggy.

"Yeah Corey. Explain." Who I assume is Chance laughs and his eyes land on me.

His face lights up and he walks over to our table with a little skip in his step. He sits down and introduces himself.

"Hello darling. My name is Chance. And you are?"

"Taylor."