ix // let go

"Alright, let's begin!" Ash begins, he then proceeds to detach a Pokéball from his belt and enlarge it. He then throws it onto the battlefield while screaming. "Noivern, I choose you!" A white beam of light breaks the ball open, and the light forms into the figure known as Noivern. Soon colours appear on the figure and Ash's dragon/flying Pokémon is now up and ready to fight, it yelling its signature cry to signify its appearance.

Hannah then looks at the Noivern, seeing its passion in its eyes, and begins to smirk. She knows exactly what Pokémon to use to frustrate Ash. So, holding the Pokéball around her neck, she then enlarges her Pokéball from her belt and throws it, exclaiming, "It's your turn, Meowstic!"

A female Meowstic then emerges from the Pokéball, and takes on the sassy stance, as she and her trainer both share the same smirk. As soon as Hannah's hand releases from the Pokéball around her neck, her smirk turns into the calculated look that makes every challenger shudder in fear.

Ash looks straight into her eyes when her look changed, he himself could sense the strength of her just through her eyes, but he didn't visibly cower in fear, rather he was more intrigued by her look than anything. This is the first time Hannah's look didn't have a visible reaction, and she was a little ticked off by it. Her battle strategy then instantly changed in her mind, and as soon as Greninja waved both of her arms down, Hannah instantly started attacking head-on.

"Meowstic, use Sucker Punch!" Then, the said Meowstic launches towards Ash's Noivern and hits him dead in the face before Ash could command Noivern to use Dragon Claw. Noivern recoils in damage back towards his trainer. "Sucker Punch is a move that'll never miss if you attack, Ash." Hannah confidently tells the boy and turns to look at him.

Ash looks at his Pokémon with fear, but his face stops displaying said emotion, and soon is bursting with excitement at the first battle with Hannah. 'She's just so strong' Ash begins to think, and soon new found confidence surges from him, and he instantly gets excited, and exclaims, "You're so strong, Hannah! Noivern, it looks like we need to bring the heat!"

It's Ash's turn to command a move, so throwing his left arm in front of him, he then says, "Noivern, use Boomburst!" The said Pokémon then bursts out the attack from its ears and aims it straight at Meowstic. "A straightforward, powerful attack aimed right at my Pokémon," Hannah mumbles to herself and decides in a split second what her Pokémon should do.

"Meowstic, jump straight up!" Meowstic then does so, and jumps fairly high, much higher than the Boomburst's range. Ash seems a little aggravated by this, 'A powerful attack means nothing if it doesn't connect.' He begins to think, as Noivern seizes his attack aimed at nothing.

While in midair, Hannah calls out her next attack, "Future Sight!" Meowstic's eyes then begin to glow white, and its ears extend even further up into the air. Meowstic then cries out and throws an attack in the air, it seeming to disappear.

Ash gives his Pikachu a look, and they both nod at each other. Pikachu then starts to sway his tail from side to side, appearing to be counting. Hannah is extremely confused by this motion but focus back into the battle, to see Ash commanding his Noivern. "Noivern use Dragon Claw!" Meowstic is still falling back to the ground when the attack is called, so Hannah takes a shot at connecting a hit, and commands Meowstic quickly, "use Shadow Ball!" Although the attack didn't connect with the upcoming Noivern, it did make him off balance, and only swipe Meowstic's arm with the Dragon Claw, rather her whole body.

The two Pokémon return to their original positions in front of their trainers. Both trainers and Pokémon are glaring at their opponents, until Hannah finally commands a move, "Meowstic, go in for another Sucker Punch!" Meowstic launches towards Noivern at a rapid pace, and Ash is about to attempt to dodge it, but Hannah's words are caught up in his head, 'Sucker Punch is a move that'll never miss if you attack, Ash' something clicks in Ash's head.