xx // save me

Bit of a long one, strap yourself in!

---

The day finally arrived. Some were thrilled to go, while others dreaded the thought of it, two of these people being Ash and Hannah. Both think the entire evening is a drag, with them not even wanting to take their so-called 'dates' to the event. But, it's regulation to do so.

In the Kalos League, it is mandatory to attend the Ball when a competitor reaches the top 8 of the league. Those in the top 8 must also bring a date to the evening. Even if the relationship is platonic or of the same gender, a date must accompany the trainer to the event.

Ash and Hannah both thought of this as the perfect opportunity to get to know each other better, with the two of them requiring to stay near each other for the night. But alas, the world seemed against them at that point in time, because fate twisted itself into the two of them taking who they didn't want to, to the ball.

So now the two trainers stand awkwardly at the door, one of their dates overly-excited and bouncing with joy, the other could not care less. Accompanying them is the blond siblings and their friends, Trevor, Tierno, Sawyer and Shauna.

Since Tierno and Sawyer are both in the top 8, they decided it would be easier to take Trevor and Shauna along with them. The two boys did rock, paper, scissors to decide who would be the lucky one to take Shauna. After the three vs. three, the lucky man turned out to be Tierno. So, Sawyer reluctantly agreed to accompany Trevor to the ball.

The ball was held in the Vert Building, its grand architecture and design allows it to stand out from all the others. Tonight being decorated in gold décor, most think it looks absolutely beautiful.

All walk in with their dresses, suits, and jumpsuits, all looking around and seeing each other's fashion choices. Many did a double-take when seeing Hannah's outfit. The jumpsuit was the only one being worn this evening, and many saw it and second-guessed Hannah's fashion choices. But, she didn't care. She was happy with what she was wearing, and there's no way she would be dancing tonight in a dress.

Alain however, did not like all the looks Hannah was receiving due to her outfit. Him wearing a simple tuxedo decides to try to get all eyes off of Hannah, "Hey, are you cold?"

Hannah looks confused towards him. It being the middle of summer and a beautiful temperature out tonight, and not to mention that the evening was only just beginning and she didn't so any signs of being cold, Hannah was extremely confused by the question and gave him a weird look, "Really, Alain? Thanks but... I'm fine."

The group walks off towards their huge table. The long, rectangular table intends to be for the top 8 of the league and their partners, the 8 gym leaders, as well as professor Sycamore, Diantha, and the head of the board. Bonnie wouldn't normally be allowed to dine on the same table, but Clemont was able to pull a few strings to allow her to sit with them. This table is the largest in the room and stands front and centre, allowing all ears to eavesdrop into their conversations very easily.

All begin to sit down at the table, Bonnie rushing to get a seat next to Diantha, with Clemont chasing after her. Bonnie almost reaches her goal, she aimed for the chair she thought Diantha was going to sit at, but Diantha kept walking past Bonnie's chair to sit next to Hannah.

The head of the table is Sir Michael, who is also the head of the league. He sports the best moustache anyone has ever seen. To his right is Diantha, followed by Hannah, Alain, Korrina, Sawyer, and Trevor. To Sir Michael's left is the professor, followed by Bonnie, Clemont, Ash, Serena, Tierno, and Shawna. With this arrangement, Hannah and Ash were facing one another for the night.