xiv // mikrokosmos

The next day all trainers have gathered once again in the large stadium of the Kalos League. A few rounds have already passed since they began the 3rd round. Tierno and Sawyer have also already battled and are moving onto the 4th round, but the two of them choose to stay to see the rest of the battles for the day.

Those two are sitting with the rest of their friends, Ash, Bonnie, Serena, Clemont, Trevor, and today, Hannah. The eight of them are watching the battles and having light conversations. They would be having banter as well, but since Hannah is sitting with them, the air around them is quite tense and awkward, and everyone can feel it.

But, no one says anything about it, and they continue watching the battles. Soon, its Alain's turn to battle. Everyone's now focused upon him, and he sends out his Charizard to quickly sweep the opposing trainer.

Then, Ash remembers something, 'didn't Hannah and Alain train together the night of the dinner?'

"Hey, Hannah," Ash begins, the said girl turns her head towards him and gives him her full attention, "do you know Alain?"

Everybody's interest piked up at the question, and now all eyes were on Hannah to answer the question, "Yeah, I do. He was an assistant to Professor Sycamore when I was staying there for a while." Hannah answers.

"You stayed at the professor's place?" Bonnie asks Hannah.

"Yeah, I did. When I was assisting the professor in his research, Alain was undertaking an internship with the professor."

"Well, why were you with professor Sycamore's place to begin with? Isn't there a professor in Sinnoh?" Serena interrogates Hannah, trying to make her snap, but once again, ultimately failing.

"As I said, I was helping his research, Professor Sycamore required me for his experiments, and Professor Rowan did not," Hannah exclaims as if it was obvious.

"What kind of experiments would they need you for?"

As much as Ash wanted to hear Hannah and Serena's debacle, he needed to go to his battle. Ash was next, a random trainer and then Hannah as the last battle of the day. He excuses himself and heads down for the trainer's entrance to the battlefield.

In the stands, nobody talks and converses until Ash moves onto the field. When he does, all of his friends cheer him on, yelling at the top of their lungs, including Hannah. Waving her arms around yelling, it confuses Bonnie. Like, really confuses her.

She finds it odd that the cold and anti-social brainiac Hannah would be so excited and happy to see Ash on the field. When Ash does look up at his friends, his smile and slight wave is directed at Hannah. No one could tell it was directed at Hannah, except the young observant girl.

When Ash goes to take out his Pokéball to face the random girl trainer, Bonnie uses this time to interrogate Hannah. Whispering to her, Bonnie gets the sly look on her face and asks Hannah, "So, Hannah. Care to explain your abnormal behaviour towards Ash?"

Hannah freezes in her spot. Hannah knew she was observant, but not that observant. "What are you talking about?" Hannah tries to play the oblivious card, but Bonnie knows better than that.

"Hannah, you know exactly what I'm talking about." The smirk on Bonnie's face is growing at an alarming rate. But, Hannah remains calm and looks down at the field to see Ash and his Hawlucha about to use their first move.

"Bonnie, concentrate on the battle," Hannah concludes, trying to concentrate. But, Bonnie decides to let Hannah in on a little secret, "Hey Hannah, just so you know, when Ash fidgets with his fingers that mean he's lying."