xxiii // i need you

She begins crying the instant she walked into the room and closed the door. Her quiet sobbing with her back against the door, running her hands through her hair and tapping her foot erratically against the floor.

She hasn't noticed Hannah's presence yet, the girl went from running her hands through her into pulling it. She small shaking of her foot becomes deliberate stomps and quiet whimpers grow to loud yells.

"I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!" she screams and digs her foot into the carpet, "WHY ON EARTH WOULD I USE MANETRIC AGAINST HIS CHARIZARD WITH THE MEGA EVOLUTION?! I'M SO STUPID!" She then proceeds to thrash around and yell a bit more, but Hannah pays it no mind.

Instead, Hannah thinks of what she said, 'Manetric, the electric type against his fire/flying Charizard seems like the perfect match-up, but when Charizard mega-evolves loses his flying type. That flying type is what made Manetric's moves super effective, and when lost Charizard gains the Dragon type, something Manetric is weak against. That must be the reason for her defeat.'

Hannah is snapped back to reality when she hears another yell, sharper and directed at her coming from Ava, "How long have you been here for?!" She asks first with nervousness and fear, but before Hannah can answer, Ava's red and worn out eyes begin to stare intensely at her, and instead of yelling at nothing in particular, this time she yells directly at Hannah, "What? You've never seen someone break down before?"

She then moves closer to Hannah, stepping closer and closer. Every step she takes Hannah begins to raise her arms in self-defence, her dominant left hand rising to cover her neck and face and her right hand protects her stomach out of habit. Hannah keeps her normal firm look on her face.

"WOW, the grand and amazing Hannah Abernathy is scared of me?! The WEAK and PATHETIC trainer who lost the league?! WHAT? You think you're better than me, just because you overtrain your drugged up Pokémon?!"

Hannah loses her stance and blank face at that comment. Her arms drop to her side and she displays grief on her face, "never say that again, got it?"

"Ooo! Did I find something? Did I uncover a scandal with you? I'm sure the paparazzi would love another scandal on you! What would the title be? How about 'Hot Shot Favourite to Win Hannah Abernathy is Exposed as a Cheating Bastard'?"

Ava then looks to her nails and continues her train of thought, "Honestly, I'd take even bad publicity. To be famous is a dream of mine, to have your level of fame where people yell screams of joy when you enter the arena, where you have people begging for autographs from you, where people literally cry when they see you..."

Ava then begins to giggle to herself, but it grows at a quick rate, with her all out laughing like a maniac whilst facing away from Hannah. She then slowly turns her head towards Hannah with a wicked smile plastered on her face, and mutters under her breath, "I'd kill for that."

Hannah's fighting stance returns to her form once more and prepares for whatever Ava is planning to do. Slowly standing up from the couch, Hannah still holds her arms up as she moves more towards the door where Ash is still situated, although he isn't looking into the room this time. While her back is to the door, Hannah still looking at Ava bangs the glass once with her right hand, grabbing the attention of both Ash and the security guard posted there.

Ash at first is just confused, a single fist hitting the glass for no apparent reason, but then he sees Ava and takes action immediately. He yells out Hannah's name and makes the said girl turn her head to see him again but remembers what happened the last time she did that and whips her head back instantly, however not quick enough.

Ava sees this and decides this is her opening. She launches herself at Hannah, her right hand forming a fist and aiming straight for her jaw. Hannah's arm is swinging back and she is about to protect herself from the girl, but the action is not needed.