xxviii // shadow

Waking up today was different from all the other days Hannah had woken up for the league. Either the day was filled with an easy battle to win, or a boring event that was necessary for the young trainer to attend.

However, today was different.

Today Hannah has her toughest battle yet.

She needs to fight someone she's starting to fall in love with.

Well, starting may not be the right word, she needs to fight someone that she is in love with but is too stubborn to admit it.

Hannah tries to lay in bed a little longer, but Weavile at her side is having none of it.

All of her Pokémon are having none of it.

Either in their Pokéballs or out in the open, they all know that Hannah doesn't want to face today. They all know that she doesn't want to get up, walk out of the door, then fight the first person in a long time to understand her.

The last time she did that it ended up with a horrible case of stalking.

But they all also know that her current crush isn't like that. They know that he would never do that to Hannah, and they know that at the end of the day, everything between the two of them will be just fine.

It will all be just fine.

Right?

Well, that's what Hannah has been asking herself for the past 15 minutes in her bed, wrapped up in a cocoon in her sheets.

After this whole league with Alain and Lysandre acting so strangely, she is seriously starting to question what she did in her past life to have such a weird and busy life, where she doesn't want to be an Aura Guardian.

But she knows she cannot think this way, she knows that pestering voice in the back of her head is only spewing lies to try and have her stay in bed a little longer, to try and make her really question everything.

She knows, okay?

So when Weavile and Laura finally pull the covers off of her sleeping form, she doesn't moan and groan as much as she normally would, rather she just gets up to start the day with defeating her love interest in a very important battle.

Hannah moves to the bathroom to look at her reflection in the mirror. It's obvious to all her Pokémon and herself that she did not have a good sleep last night. Hair crazy messy, eyes baggy, and full of desire to sleep yet again.

She jumps in the shower almost immediately, needing to erase that horrid image of herself from her mind. She makes it quick and comes out feeling more refreshed, energised, and looking more like her normal self, a very... prideful person.

Hannah ridicules herself at the thought and moves to out of her bathroom and into the bedroom, where she sees her Pokémon packing her bag and opening her Pokéball to feed their fellow friends.

Hannah looks at them with endearment before beginning to speak, "Hey guys."

All 6 of her Pokémon look up to what Hannah has to say. "No matter what happens today, I just want you all to know that I couldn't have asked for a better team. I love all of you, more than anything."

All of her friends look up at her with admiration, nodding their heads in agreement.

Hannah then continues on with her rambling, "No matter the outcome, let's attack this battle with bravery and compassion, and give him and his team a run for his money, yeah?"

Another set of nods erupt in the room, and they continue on their normal routine. Hannah's Pokémon know at this point to continue like normal when Hannah becomes all sappy, it just happens sometimes, enough for them to fall into a somewhat routine when it does happen.