Chapter Two: "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!"

Although Coby was really depressed, he did have something he could look forward to everyday except for Saturday's and Sunday's. He could look forward to his job. Unlike some people, he really enjoyed his job. He was an architect. He absolutely loved the idea of waking up and coming up with ideas for new buildings. Even though he loved his job, he did hate his schedule. He had to wake up at 5:30 in the morning every weekday and be at work by 7:15. Another bad thing about his job is that it is a half an hour away from his home. He gets off of work at 8:00 at night. He had gotten his job when he was 22, and had had it for 5 years. Being an architect had been one of his dream jobs since he was young. When he got the job of being an architect, it was one of the happiest times of his life.

   It was a Tuesday morning and he was running late. As soon as his alarm clock beeped for him to get up, he got out of bed. He rushed to his closet and put in his most un-wrinkled dress shirt, dress pants, and dress socks. Then he slipped on his dress shoes. Then, he went into his bathroom, and ran a comb through his hair and brushed his teeth. He then ran down to the kitchen, picked up a ripe banana, and ate it as quickly as possible. After he finished eating the banana, he walked into his dining room and picked up all of his papers for work. Then, he went out to his car, and headed off to work.

   When he arrived at his destination, there weren't any parking spaces available. So, he had to park in the parking garage about a block away from his work. When he finally found a parking spot, he got out of his car, and practically ran out of the parking garage. When he finally made his way out of the parking garage, he was still about a block away. He then looked at his watch. It read 7:05. At that point, he knew he was going to be late, but he had to try to make it on time.

   The sidewalk that he was walking down was unusually busy that morning, so he was having trouble getting to work. He was walking as fast as possible, trying to stay civilized and not run. He was so worried about being late to work, that he was practically sweating. All was perfectly fine until, BOOM! He ran into a young woman.

   "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Coby said with empathy apparent in his voice.